Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Standing up for your dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its simple tell him hes being selfish to expect you to change who you are and what you love anfd to make you cry cause u gave up a part of your soul because hes so close minded

then realize theres other sweet guys who will treat u reakl good if he cant get over it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 02:33:25AM
The Apprentice Shaman
@the-apprentice-shaman
13 years ago
30 posts

Just tell him it's part of who you are.

If he loves you then he'll understand soon enough.

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Awwwh. Thank youuuu. :-)

soaring eagle said:

its simple tell him hes being selfish to expect you to change who you are and what you love anfd to make you cry cause u gave up a part of your soul because hes so close minded

then realize theres other sweet guys who will treat u reakl good if he cant get over it

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Great advice. :-)

Jake Cooper said:

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

And here I am making my weird faces...lol :-P

updated by @knottyprincess: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
13 years ago
38 posts

apperance is nothing in a relationship,, attraction of the soul, you should be dreading, maybe he should be more open minded and try bofore you knock?

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Agreed. He's being very shallow right now.

oostan heimach said:

apperance is nothing in a relationship,, attraction of the soul, you should be dreading, maybe he should be more open minded and try bofore you knock?

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Thank yooou. :-)

Avery said:

If he says your being selfish for being you and not who he wants you to be then he doesnt deserve you! He is being selfish for not letting you be you! If you love him for who he is then he should love you for you are! It will work itself out just keep being u girl, the BEAUTIFUL you!;)
HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Exactly! When I told my fiance that I was growing natural dreads at first he was skeptical, he admires those he sees with them, but wasn't sure for me. I remember asking him if he thought he wouldn't be attracted to me anymore if I had them, but he said he was more concerned with how other people would judge me and react... I told him that I needed to do this for myself and that perhaps I could be an "eye opener" for close minded, uneducated peopled on the beauty of dreadlocks (soooo very many people out there are misinformed...so sad). After I started my journey and he has seen the "messy" beginning look, I ask him again, "are you still attracted to me?" and he said at first he was a little worried, but after actually seeing the process he likes how it looks.

Moral of the story: No matter what, love is love. If he is only loving you for looks, then he's not really loving YOU. In a true soulmate-ship, you only want the best for your partner and you will support them in what makes them happy even if it's not necessarily something you would choose.

Good luck to you

Jake Cooper said:

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Maybe he'll learn to love them...or at least like them a little. lol AT least we're not fighting about it anymore. :-)

Earthiest said:

Exactly! When I told my fiance that I was growing natural dreads at first he was skeptical, he admires those he sees with them, but wasn't sure for me. I remember asking him if he thought he wouldn't be attracted to me anymore if I had them, but he said he was more concerned with how other people would judge me and react... I told him that I needed to do this for myself and that perhaps I could be an "eye opener" for close minded, uneducated peopled on the beauty of dreadlocks (soooo very many people out there are misinformed...so sad). After I started my journey and he has seen the "messy" beginning look, I ask him again, "are you still attracted to me?" and he said at first he was a little worried, but after actually seeing the process he likes how it looks.

Moral of the story: No matter what, love is love. If he is only loving you for looks, then he's not really loving YOU. In a true soulmate-ship, you only want the best for your partner and you will support them in what makes them happy even if it's not necessarily something you would choose.

Good luck to you

Jake Cooper said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form