Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seriously considering going natty after 2.5 months backcomb/crochet

Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

I was wondering, does the possible permanent damage from crochet generally apply to hair strands? If so, i’m prepared to shave my head and completely start over.

If I had my hair tied up for work during the messy phase of freeform/semi, could that speed up the locking process?

One of the baby dreads the loctician made is really odd. It's flat at the root then it bends upwards then straight again, it feels totally unnatural and I think it would be look weird if allowed to mature. 

I feel that by going natty, the sections would be so much better. 

I had about 9 inches of straight fine hair when I got them backcombed, tbh I regret doing it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet just breaks the hairs clean through so when you comb out you will have handfuls of short broken hairs.. the rest will be fine..just thinner..  wearing it up drastically slows dreading..it can even prevent it..or in some cases form a dread  bun or ppony dread a single dread in the shape of however you wear it up

if u shaved it would be a full year till it was long enough to dread

your sections  are a bit wonky so starting over probably is a good idea but just comb them out  so u have hair to start over with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

Maybe I should just re-do the sections that are a bit off and twist and rip them. with work I don't think I could get away with having freeform in the early stages. 

Perhaps by combing out and starting over (twist and ripping the massive sections) I could have the best of both worlds. Mature looking for work and some twist and rips for variation although I would love to go freeform all the way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

by law only freeform is guaranteed acceptable look for the law in featured discussions

but u can just start over te sections that are too big

mine are freeform and had no trouble  getting any jobs i wanted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form