Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

don't want these anymore

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts
Hello, i recently started the dreading process (about a month ago perhaps?) my dreads are only babies and i already hate them lol. I miss my old hair and just want to get rid of these, i don't know how to tho... and i'm not sure if i should
these are just more of a hassle than i''m willing to deal with
I've got bad dandruff from them, fuzzies get stuck in them and i have to pick each one out, its annoyig to sleep with them, they're shrinking and i hate the way they look, i don't let them loose in public because of how insecure i am about them. not really sure what to do, really want to get rid of them but i'm so indecisive about everything. How can i gently get rid of these things so i don't damage my hair too much or revert to shaving my head lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well before i tell you how to get rid of them i want to tell you why you shouldn't

1st off ..let them down in public!  wear em with pride and you will get loads of compliments

2 shrinking is how they dread

3 dreading will make you less self conscious less afraid of what people think..and stronger as a person as a result

4 they shouldn't be a hassle just wash and go and to sleep just flip em up over the pillow or do away with your pillow completely arranging your dreads under your head for a fully customizable pillow

to comb them out:

you can comb them out even after decades so do not rush into a decision you will regret later for years

if you do decide to, soak in cheap conditioner or olive oil, brush at just the last 1/2 inch that's dreaded  gently  with a soft brush (most harm free way) if you reach an area that's too tight (at a month that's very unlikely unless you started with crochet) soak that area overnight with more conditioner and move on to work on a different dread

a more damaging but potentially lil quicker way is to use a comb or thin  knitting needle to pick at the last knotted areas

some have found the best wat is none of the above just conditioners and fingers and  work them free just with hands alone

i always recommend when people feel this way they wait several months to decide

you are in the earliest craziest stages (some say the most beautiful)  they will get better with maturity you have to let them get there 1st

you should use this as a way to grow  with them  ..1st step is to stop feeling negatively towards them wear them in public with pride  never hide them  never feel judged or ashamed

only feel free  that's what dreadings all about being free to just be your most natural self

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Dreads aren't for everyone and if you know in your heart you don't want them then by all means get rid of them. Others opinions or fear of others opinions is definitely not a reason to get rid of them.

The first two weeks I was excited but was also afraid of the craziness that might occur and how other people might react. And only recently have I given up on obsessing over it and just letting be. I never have hidden my hair (it's been just a few days shy of two months now) and surprisingly I've only had one bad comment which was from a child who I belive was just regurgitating what she'd heard from her parents.

As for lint and other things that might find their way in there. The right soap really does make a huge difference. Soaring Eagle has posted about one that helped him get rid of lint. Vicki's charcoal I think? I've found that I actually have less issues with foreign things sticking in my hair now than when I had all loose hair.

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Thanks guys, i'm not sure what i want to do yet, but i'll take what you guys have said into consideration :) thanks :) 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i hope you choose to continue i also hope u watch those videos i sent ya way back when we 1st talked

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form