Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I think I'm going to start over

SleepingRain
@sleepingrain
8 years ago
2 posts
I had My locs started 11 months ago using the interlocking method and went to a loctition every 2 months and she alternated between crocheting and interlocking and sometimes crocheted some and interlocked the others. I feel so betrayed because she charged me a lot of money just to destroy my locs. They were interlocked so tight that I actually cried a few times. She used force to snatch the loc through the hole and my head hurt for days. I was told to just stop going to her and use the neglect method but some of my locs right above where the roots start is seriously thin its hard like a knot and many times thinner than the rest of the loc and the knots are so tight that they don't even hang they just make a c shape, like a neck being strangled some with even more knots on the locs. I know if I continue I'm just gonna have a lot of them snapping off down the line so I think I'm going to comb them out and start over. I really don't want to cut my hair tho. I have lost so much sleep over this because I was finally happy with my hair and just like that it all came crashing down. Sorry I put so many pics I can't go back and remove them for some reason.
20160726_235052.jpg
20160726_235052.jpg  •  1.7MB

20160726_235052.jpg
20160726_235052.jpg  •  1.7MB

20160726_235042.jpg
20160726_235042.jpg  •  1.7MB

20160726_235252.jpg
20160726_235252.jpg  •  1.7MB

20160726_235152.jpg
20160726_235152.jpg  •  1.6MB

20160726_235136.jpg
20160726_235136.jpg  •  1.5MB

20160726_235020.jpg
20160726_235020.jpg  •  1.6MB

updated by @sleepingrain: 09/09/20 02:32:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that's exactly what i would expect to see after hearing what she did to them

the very 1st thing i would do is demand a full refund, tell her that she did extreme damage to your dreads and used 2 of the top 5 worse methods on them..

its likely you wont get a cent back (they do charge a higher hourly rate then most lawyers!) but the point is  to make a point.. that you feel you were harmed by what she did, and now have to suffer the heartbreak of starting over

they need to know they can't keep doing this to people or people will demand refunds

this has worked to get most..but not all to stop using wax.. so it is worth being vocal about how you feel about what she did

now your right you are probably better off starting over ..but it might not be absolutely  essential.. yes they will take areal long time to lose the stiffness and to lose the thinness

and yes there will be permanent harm

but if you really can't bear to start over they can slowly recover and at least naturalize to a point

you posted in emotional support not salon/loctician recovery so i think your beyond "i'm thinking i'm going to start over" and are more to the point of being ready to start over and just wanting to have support for the devastating emotional trauma you feel from being betrayed and mislead by someone who portrays themselves as a professional

well... this site.. in the past (when wax was all the rage) literally had 1/2 its members having to start over..more then once

so you will get all the support you need here.. many here decided to start over not because of problems caused by the chosen methods but simply because the chosen method didn't feel right in the long run

thousands of this sites members have gone through exactly what your going through...

and every last 1 of them was much happier after starting over right..

you will be too.. if that's the path you choose

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

Heyyy!!! Yeah, I can kindof relate here! I did all of my own mistakes myself though...but I have had to redo some or most. Yeah, I would have never had the patience to wait for them to right themselves.

Actually, I remembered something! I didn't actually comb out entirely though! See, I combed out my blunted tips and then I took my crochet hook and gently like pulled the dread, or loosened it with gentle pulls starting from the bottom, not fully pulling out the knots, but just spreading them down and out. (very hard to explain) and did this all the way up the dread up to the new softer growth (my roots were growing out by then some). Not sure if this is a normal thing to do, or recommended by others BUT...

the result? Well, I'm actually very happy with the one, somewhat happy with another, and completely taken out a few others (decided I didn't want those where they were-partial dreadhead here). Happy because the one seems to be retaining the relaxed (normal) dread tension, and the ends were progressing nicely through the neglect fashion of loops and bumps. The second, although it's getting tighter (still unsure what's normal but I think it's fine), well it is growing longer (barely, but it is) which was my biggest concern...these tight dreads were too tight to grow???

actually, @soaring-eagle or whomever else can chime in...I STILL wonder- these really tight crocheted dreads...do they take longer than neglect at that stage to grow out? Or is it possible that a dread will NOT grow out? They HAVE to grow somewhere right? I imagine, they might just grow fatter at first, but I really have no idea...like i said, I lost patience with my own. Seemed like they were just getting harder and tighter. ??

but long story short, @sleepingrain I can understand your frustration to a large degree, even if I didn't spend money or have another to blame, and am totally with you on the starting over thoughts. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

crocheted dreads just take longer to dread and stay stiff for years

all dreads shrink before they grow..you will never see growth before the 2nd year

--
SleepingRain
@sleepingrain
8 years ago
2 posts

I'm 2 days in and man this is time consuming. I'm going to send the loctition, i mean con artist a long text on how disappointed I am and I'm definitely considering legal action. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yes taking them out doies take a long time ..the longer the better though rushing it too fast can be damaging being gentle takes longer but is healthier

just use more then enough conditioners or oils to loosen them up make the hair slippery and easy to untangle

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form