Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

don't bother having anyone properly section it..just don't comb for a few days to a week wash as normal with a dread shampoo and it will section itself like it wants to (forced sections often try to split into natural sections at the roots anyway)

then you have a choice

once its sectioned you can either let it dread itself (your hair will do that beautifully and quickly) or you can twist and rip the sections that formed naturally

id recommend just letting it dread  but nothing wrong with twist and rip either

but ultimately your going to want at least 3-4 times as many dreads as you had

that s if you want them easy to care for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

but daaaamn that poofy hairs cute on you yea after looking at those pics ,,  just wash and wait and you will see it sectioning ..i'm guessing you'll see iut starting in 4 days and in a week you will have a good idea how many dreads your hair really wanted to form

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i had 2 sets of natural dreads the 1st time i didn't separate at all and had 3 crazy big ones ..i cut them i know that heartbreak..i cut em after a year

this time i separated for the 1st bunch of years then stopped and let them  congo

i don't think they will try to be the same sections but its possible ifso just separate em carefully into smaller sections

but 1st set i had 3 huuuuge ones and a few smaller

2nd set started with about 75-79

at 18 years in had around 200 so let them congo at will

i have no idea what i got now but I'm guessing 30-60  decent sized ones and a dozen or 2 babies and  a dozen or so rather thin ones still

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

this was about 24 years in maybe 23  after several years of congoing

this was 18 years in when ik had close to 200.. they look thick but really only 2 or 3 of them were thick most were pencil sized or even thinner

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely mine was diferent lengths when i started several here started with mohawks that became dreadhawks then the sides grew in and dreaded

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

aetherfaither:

And I just noticed your beard dreads! I've never seen those before!!

we have a number of ppl with beard dreads on here mine are just longest

and yea haven't cut mine in 26 years and they are close to 10 feet long if not longer

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yes and it can vary some dread faster naturally (ive seen dreads form in hours in rare cases) some however do take a lot longer

but in most cases  it evens out.. your hairwill dread at the same rate but 1 way you get instant gratification then it goes backwards awhile  before progressing

the other way its more about patience it will happen  you just wont see results in a day

but a few months in most of the time theyd be about at the same stage

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

in 1 night its already beginning to section beautifully

separate as often as needed the faster it dreads the more often you got to separate

--
erik5166
@erik5166
8 years ago
30 posts

Hi! S.E. always says not to separate until there is something TO separate, and probably it takes long enough for dreads to really tighten up that there isn't too much danger of not being able to separate what you don't want together, if you keep an eye on things. With that said, I separate a lot, and I don't care how long it takes to get lots of thin dreads, and I like the wispy effect. I find that as long as I like how it looks, it doesn't matter to me if it looks like dreads yet or not. So anyway, perhaps it comes down to how quickly you want dreads and how thick dreads you want?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form