Dreadlocks Forums

Negativity towards dreadlocks

Dia
@dia
10 years ago
15 posts

Thanks Mikayla :)))

mikayla roman said:

LMAO. I too have gotten the "real dreadlocks" comment. All i did was yank on my dreadlocks and said gee they don't seem to be coming out so I guess they're real. Some people don't have an open mind about new transformations and honestly, if you can sit alone and be in love with your dreadlocks dont worry about other people no matter how close they are to you. They ARENT YOU. YOU ARE YOU. and in my opinion YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. DREADLOCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL. NON DREADLOCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL. some people just don't have the mental capacity to realize that yet.. They will come around, and even if they don't fuck it. Your hair, your life. YOUR JOURNEY. i hope this helps you my dear :3

RayneMama
@raynemama
8 years ago
44 posts

mikayla roman☯:

LMAO. I too have gotten the "real dreadlocks" comment. All i did was yank on my dreadlocks and said gee they don't seem to be coming out so I guess they're real. Some people don't have an open mind about new transformations and honestly, if you can sit alone and be in love with your dreadlocks dont worry about other people no matter how close they are to you. They ARENT YOU. YOU ARE YOU. and in my opinion YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. DREADLOCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL. NON DREADLOCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL. some people just don't have the mental capacity to realize that yet.. They will come around, and even if they don't fuck it. Your hair, your life. YOUR JOURNEY. i hope this helps you my dear :3

I needed this so bad today. I will use this to get through more bad days ahead

fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

great topic! I loved reading all of these inspiring stories and encouraging words. :) I am also surrounded by doubtful and or folks that just plain don't like dreads. What can I do!? This is what I need right now. I could ask them to change certain things and they won't do it, so why should i? hehe 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you can't always choose the people who surround you only seek to enlighten them.. they maybe racist, sexist, elitist, whatever .. you will always fin people who are against the things you believe in..

you can try to enlighten them

you can try to accept them biases flaws and all

or you can leave them behind and find new friends with common ground

very often its only those who are extreme in their hatred and aggressive in pushing their will on you that require you to step away

most biases although they can be ugly are rooted in the experiences of their youth

what i mean is say someone who had bad experiences with homosexuals might be biased against them ,and you can understand that based on their experiences without accepting it as something you agree with. but then if that person was one of the god hates fags crowd, or  violently attacks people for being gay then that is beyond unacceptable and when you have no choice but walk away (well you do have a choice if your a strong person with strong will you can  spend years trying to  change how they act and feel and you may or may not succeed .. that takes a special strength though and for most its simpler to just separate and not let that affect you)

you see what i'm getting at i hope

everyone has opinions and baggage  that colors their perceptions you can  change the perception by living as an example , you can just accept that they are who they are.. only when they are making you miserable, or scared, or just cannot accept the level if their prejudices that you should walk away..far away and find people you relate to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form