Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I make just a few dreads but leave most of my hair undreaded??

Michelle Fry
@michelle-fry
11 years ago
4 posts

Hello all!
I just made my first "dread" yesterday by backcombing, but reading on this site it seems like that may have been a poorly informed decision. I did not use any products or wax however!
I want to have one dread on one side of my head and two on the other so I can tie them together in the back.. is this possible in a mostly natural way?

updated by @michelle-fry: 01/13/15 09:48:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can comb the hair u dont want to dread

or u can tnr the 2 dreads then comb the hair u dont want to dread

or

u can let dreds pop up where and when they want and not stop it at 2 or 3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Fry
@michelle-fry
11 years ago
4 posts

oh okay thanks a bunch!

So you reccommend tnr for the rest over backcombing?

What about washing them? will i have to somehow keep them dry every time i wash the rest of my hair forever? or is not a big deal if i use normal shampoo/ conditioner on them after they start to mature?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u never want to use normakl shampoos and conditioners use these www.dreadlockshampoo.com on all your hair

washing helps dreds dread but shampoos and conditioners build yp in dreads and make them nasty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Fry
@michelle-fry
11 years ago
4 posts

awesome thank you so much, this is the last question i promise! do you have any recommendation of a dread friendly conditioner I could alsouse on the rest of my hair? it seems like the sight sells only shampoos

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

any conditioner will stop dreading and cause the ones you do to fall out really quick. and i would think it'd be a pain to condition only your undreaded hair without getting any on the dreaded ones. I've hear the shampoo bars on the site are moreconditioningthen the liquid though

Michelle Fry
@michelle-fry
11 years ago
4 posts

ahh okay. thanks bunches :))

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yuo coould start doing baking soda/acv rinses and brush what you dont want dreaded. apple cider vingar is conditioning. you could do a acv rinse instead of conditioner

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form