dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Henna at 4 months?

Melanie Bar
@melanie-bar
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey everyone :)

I stopped brushing my hair about 4 months ago and started using bs/acv two months ago. My hair is seperating nicely. I planned to go all natural originally, but did a few t&r just to, well, sort of let people know where I'm heading.

Ive always dyed my hair, but haven't in those 4 months, and now I'm afraid it will be a great throwback if I do, but right now I look awful. Thought about letting all the dye grow out, but my hair is an ugly mousy greyish brown I dont really like. I have long and very VERY straight hair I didn't really need to brush when I still used conditioner. Any opinions out there?

updated by @melanie-bar: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

embrace your natural color

henna does condition nand bs acv strips color so idf u use bs you'lkll need to dtye 2-3 times more often and it will always dull the color quickly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melanie Bar
@melanie-bar
11 years ago
8 posts

Thank you, folks... the main issue I really have with my hair color is the big streaks of white my kids gave me :) I'm only 30 and not yet prepared to having white dreads, even though I'm looking forward to that in a way.

By the way, I'm in Germany, the organic henna I buy is 100% pure and I've been using it for years now. 4 months after I last dyed and with 2 months of bs/acv I still love the color.

What keeps me from dying is a) the conditioning effect, because it took me a while to get to the current stage and b) I dont know if it washes out completely, washing that stuff out of my hair has always been a catastrophe even without dreads and tangles...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form