Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What to wear...

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Hey guys hows it going?So ive been looking up hats and other things to wear on my head before and after my dread have formed. Something to let them move as they wish so they can knot, keep them out of my face and something ehich looks cool.Some say that hats are bad for dreads but ive read on the net that wearing hats help them knot. m confused!!! What do you think about the mulifunctional headwears????Peace from thurkey and thanks!!
updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 01/13/15 09:54:40PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

If you wear something all the time or something tight, it can stop the hair moving around and can delay the progress your hair makes. Beanies, tams, loose-fitting hats are OK, but try to keep your hair out as much as possible :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

tams can be found here http://shops.dreadlockssite.com

those are the type hats that are dread safe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thank you both :) u guys really help alot!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Loose hats/tams are good for dreads to form as they help the knotting process, tight hats keeps the hair tight which means no movement, so they are not good. No hat is better than a tight hat...peace

Wool or cotton or hemp is good. Regular yarn will leave little balls caught in the dreads.

MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
If you buy wool make sure you learn how to care for it. You can't wash wool in a washer. :)
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thanks for th tips! Especialy about caring for wool :)
michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts

yea, I heard that wool is the best because it helps the hair knot up.. There are several types of wool though. So Im not sure if its all types or a certain kind

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wash wool in cold water by hand only

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form