dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My progress

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

Heres some more pictures because who doesnt love pictures

this is two months ago, the next are more current.

updated by @melann: 07/23/15 07:29:01AM
melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

Who knows! they're still shrinking as far as i can tell. I'm assuming because of how skinny they were and because of my curly hair. Do the bars help more than the liquid?

Castaway J said:

wowzers! its always amazing to me how long hair dreads and can shrink so much! your locks are amazing! definately ready for bars! slice the bar into moremanageableparts, ive been using them for a year now on and off but more on these days.

i guess from here on it can almost only grow, right? lol

Mariam Ibrahim
@mariam-ibrahim
11 years ago
1 posts

maybe you should try threads....they keep the form and direction of the dreads

pretty much like how you would direct and support vines....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well the liquid accelerateds dreading and u sure donrt need to encourage more shrinking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I think nature is the best guide for your beautiful dreads, I don't think you need to direct them with thread.

I use the bars on quite new dreads, you will have no problem, your hair will feel softer after the bars, I havn't noticed any change in progress really, not drastic anyway. I use the bars mostly now, and liquid once a week, just to use it up. :)

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

they're too lumpy to wrap to be honest.

Ah, i didnt think of that SE. I suppose that's true they do keep shrinking. I'll try the bar next wash. I just still have some hair in the fringe/ear area thats totally loose that could still use some encouraging haha.

i did my first deep clean last week, but forgot the tea tree oil. It felt nice anyway.

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

good idea
Tim said:

I use the bars mostly now, and liquid once a week, just to use it up. :)

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

for the first 5 months i only washed my scalp and let the soap run through. As soon as i dyed the tips red, i started washing the bodies of the dreads to get all the faded dye out and all, and they shrunk up between 6-7 months like crazy because of it. Before that happened, i could feel a difference in the roots they were tighter than anything else, now its the other way around.
soaring eagle said:

well the liquid accelerateds dreading and u sure donrt need to encourage more shrinking

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

they look wonderful & wild! that's some stellar shrinkage too wow.

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

couldnt really be too bad to keep using the liquid shampoo, its just like doing a salt water rinse thats all the "encouraging" is

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form