Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

isnt she? thats april she made her mom make an account for her so she could show off her dreads and see all the other dreads here i think shes like 7

such a sweety

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 10:13:45AM
tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
13 years ago
19 posts

i cried a little it was so sweet and passionate loved it SE

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

i cried a little too! it was just so beautiful and so inspiring...definitely touched my heart..

treeofdread
@treeofdread
13 years ago
10 posts

Wow SE I was suprised and honored I made the cut lol! You have been such an inspiration to me, without you I may of never found the courage to take the leap into dreadom. I honestly never new that u could do this naturally. I thought like most people without dreads that u had to do something or add something to your hair. It just never felt right so I never did it, till I found this site. Awesome little montage u put together!

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

After two months without a comb my hair's a mess. Half-dreading, half loose, some bits are long, others have shrunk. Every day it's a different sort of mess. So it's very affirming to read this.

I looked at a 'before' photo of my hair earlier today, and thought: Neat... straight ... BORING! Now I'm starting to love the mess.Thank you, Soaring Eagle. Lovely selection of pictures, too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

treeofdreads i guess i got lucky when i 1st was exposed to dreads it was old school rastas artists poets many living in squat houes oh and ofcourse ramona and the ret of the africa family (aka move) and notthe other punk kid who put toothpaste and peanutbutter in their hair to try to imitate the rastas they saw..that and going to gatherings watching ppl dreads form accidently just by playing praying and meditating in the woods without a comb so my 1st experiences and impressions were al of the more natural and spiritual variety

--
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I have to say, I don't like this messy stage, simply because I have all my hair waving around in my face all the time and it's annoying. But I understand what you're saying, cos so many people are used to the idea of perfection and wanting things to be perfectly as they imagined it, but there's something beautiful and special in letting things do what they're meant to do without inteference. You have a way with words, SE :) and great pictures

TY brown
@ty-brown
13 years ago
4 posts

I love this thread!my dreads are still messy and crazy and i love it !!!!!!!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

yup wouldnt call it quick progresss but about average your doin fine

--
Arden Rayne
@arden-rayne
13 years ago
18 posts

Thank you. I was having a few days of being unhappy. My dreads went loose, lots of flyaways and elongated. I was feeling the impatience and disappointed. Seeing all the wonderful stages of dreads has be re-energized to keep going. :)

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form