12 years ago
78 posts

Beautiful truth.

updated by @shade-of-ashes: 07/23/15 07:28:54AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

wow that was great writing. i did twist and rip but its unraveling and reforming dreads. one has split into three and its dreading and some of my endsare looping and my roots are knotting up and its only been a week and a half or so! its really exciting to watch. the first thing i do when i wake up is feel it so see if theres anything new going on. im trying not to feel it too much though. i dont wanna work out any knots accidentally. i feel much more confident about myself now even though my hair is pretty crazy. thats what i like about it. i felt like my hair was boring before. always up in a bun or ponytail but now i wear it down alot more so it can move and knot.

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

Kudos on this one SE! Sometimes I think some of the stuff you write is totally opinion-based meant to sound like fact, but this post was spot on! Loved the pics and reading through the rest of thread. :)

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
12 years ago
62 posts

I read this post whenever I need a little boost for my dreads. It always makes me feel better. In the beginning, I read it like every day haha.

mrsbac0n
@mrsbac0n
12 years ago
1 posts
I really like this post (: lots of confirmation!
heather ▲
@heather
12 years ago
10 posts

I just found this and, wow. I've been having a lot of doubts about my hair'sprogressand it's stubbornness, but this has made me so much much more confident in its nautral process. Thank you, SE, that was truly inspiring.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how can u have doubts about your progress when its only been a week?

only 1-6% or so notice any real significant progress in a week

2 wweeks it doubles that

in a month u will be excited bout how much progres u made

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Skully
@skully
12 years ago
23 posts

wow glad i read this! Thank you for the link soaring eagle!

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I'm really looking forward to my next set of dreads now - because this is the method I will use - only problem was last time I got a big beaver tail - this time i know to go hard on the separation :)

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Wow...this is just one of the absolutely beautiful posts on this site. I'm having flash backs to different stages of my own journey. Although this current stage is crazy too! The other "current" pictures I took doesn't shaow all the little babies that are hiding under all those mature ones. :)

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form