Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreadies (Natural method)

sabrina redmon
@sabrina-redmon
13 years ago
4 posts

Hey Everyone! Well, I started my dread journey about 2 months ago, and like a lot of you, I started out by ordering a few products from dreadhead HQ and all of it i used maybe once and is sitting in my bathroom collecting dust. I found this website maybe a week after starting with rubber bands, back combing, wax, and all that other bull sh*t. Here is what it looked like when I first started.... :/

As you can see, I had the dumb rubber bands in which was a HORRIBLE idea and my head started itching so bad from how tight they were (they weren't even THAT tight) and it hurt to sleep on them, after just two days I took them out and don't recommend this way to start dreads for ANYONE. The first few times I washed my hair with the Dread head shampoo (only 2 times!) It started coming loose and even after taking the rubber bands out it was still itchy after a few hours, when my hair was fully dry. I was disappointed in how the knots weren't staying in my hair.

Then... I did MORE research and found this website on youtube!!!!! THANK YOU everyone for all your helpful tips on natural dreads and all the wonderful info on how I can get beautiful dreads without all that hassle! The way it should be. About a month ago, I washed all that chemical gunk outta my hair and started new, no products, just love for my newly forming baby dreadies :)

The picture above was about a month ago, my hair was a wild mess and I loved it from the (new) start! Only downside, my hair wasn't too healthy to begin with (I dyed it A LOT) And I still have a lot of split ends...but my hair still seems to be doing what it naturally should, despite of how messed up it was and I'm sure the wax and lock peppa didn't help with that at all. Here is my hair at 2 months now. Its knotting up nicely and I'm finding new baby dreads every day.

My hair is only about 4 Inches, so its getting kind of short lol but I am loving it and cant wait to see what kind of a crazy dreadies my hair is going to create!! ^.^

updated by @sabrina-redmon: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
hoyst
@hoyst
13 years ago
1 posts
hippie ass lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome cant wait to see em grow

and yet another shining example of a dreadheadhq satisfied customer haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sabrina redmon
@sabrina-redmon
13 years ago
4 posts
Yeah maybe a lil :P

hoyst said:
hippie ass lol
sabrina redmon
@sabrina-redmon
13 years ago
4 posts
I cant wait either! Im loving them more and more every day! Maybe in 20 yrs ill have locks as lovely as yours! :) As for dreadhead hq...trust me im warning everyone

soaring eagle said:

awesome cant wait to see em grow

and yet another shining example of a dreadheadhq satisfied customer haha

supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts
IRON MAIDEN! woop woop ;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form