Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks started since dreadlocks site started

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so dreadlockssite has some truly amazing dreadlocks many are well over 15 yearsbut i was thinking today we are getting closer to a year and 1/4 nowso dreadlocks started towards the beginnings of this sites history should be approaching maturity nowso..the site was started august 4th 2009if your dreadlocks were started since then lets see some picsadd a lil history if you started b4 finding us or afterif you used mostly advice from here or other siteshow was your journeynow that youve had dreadlocks awhile what would u do differentah and methods u used tried and any mistakes along the way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 10:12:25AM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
ok my dreads were born on the 16th of september from backcomb and wax ( in know, i know ) and then somehow i stumbled across this site and since then i have done nothing to my dreads :D THANK YOU DREADLOCKSSITE ! Thank you for your support over the last year, thank you for helping me to not worry so much (Infact not worry at all) and most of all thank you for all the information from all your minds. It is all very enlightening the most recent pic i have is this one which was taken yesterday while out longboarding. if i could go back and do anything different i would warn myself about wax and probs not use it but it hasnt hindered my dreads progress but i know there wax in a couple of them still and im not to bothered cause when they are long enough ill get it out but thats what i would do, but then i miht not have the dreadies i have today ! So would i really go back and warn myself? hmm i dunno oh well

updated by @jack-roth: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they look awesome :)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
featured this hoping it grows alot

--
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
the timeline might be a few days off but mostly it is all right. i started letting my hair go at the end of october in 2009. i stopped conditioning and brushing, just ripped apart. i wouldnt do anything differently really, i am happy with the all natural method i chose. one mistake was at three months i did a baking soda tea tree oil rinse and it softened my hair up dramatically, i probably used too much of one ingredient and it took a lot of the knottyness out. it has been a fun journey so far and i cant wait to see what else they do. thank you dreadlockssite and SE. you've all been a great help =)

when i first stopped brushing

one month

two months

three months

four months

six months

seven months

eight months

ten months

eleven months

ONE YEAR =)

updated by @green-bean: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
britty u sure make the natural way sexy :)i dunno why ppl fear "looking like a mess for a year" when you looked amazing through every step of the way

--
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
you are too kind brother. =P i loved every minute of it and i didnt care what anyone had to say. i was already somewhat patient but i can tell you.. it has made me way more in that regard. i did get alot of comments like "your hair doesnt look like dreads" or "why dont you do it this way, it looks messy" then i would always have to explain myself on how its not about what it looks like to me. its about being free, connecting with yourself, taking that leap and letting go.. not just some hairstyle.. dont get me wrong though a lot of ppl i ran into my first year did love my hair. =]
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im sure u were flirted with a hell of alot too

--
Anna Raymond
@anna-raymond
14 years ago
13 posts

I just started my babies barely over two weeks ago. I backcombed according to dreadheadhq pictures but didn't buy any of their products. They were really being pushed down my throat but something about using a whole bunch of products for dreadlocks that the rastafarians got without anything didn't feel right. I'm so glad that I listened to my gut because shortly after I found this site and have been reading forums here ever since! Thank you for helping my dreadlocks!
updated by @anna-raymond: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ahaha i knowwww that stuff makes no sense at all but kids buy into the marketting and fall for it

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form