Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks started since dreadlocks site started

Anna Raymond
@anna-raymond
14 years ago
13 posts
Yeah, after learning what I learned here though it's sad how many dreads are failing because big businesses only care about money.
updated by @anna-raymond: 07/22/15 05:17:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and they are aware of the problems they cause and dont care

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Madeline Floor
@madeline-floor
14 years ago
5 posts
My locks were really born sometime in the month of May 2010 when I stopped brushing my hair, which I had been neglectful about doing for sometime anyway, I work at a campground as a kayaking instructor, spend months living in a tent, brushing wasn't up there in my priorities) but it was then that I made the conscious decision to put the brush away. At that point it had less to do with my dread journey and more to do with me "not giving a shit" as mentioned above, but I think it probably helped in the process. However, my dread journey definitely evolved on July 26 when I returned from hookah fest at Nelson's Ledges and decided to (with the help of my sister) spend 4 hours separating my existing knots into smaller sections and backcombing them for some added lockkage.I have many dreaded friends who have helped me along the way, several who tell me they are impressed with my dread progress. Since then I have used my aloe vera plant and my yucca plant religiously, as well as some oils for my scalp and TEA. I brew rosemary tea and put it in a spritz bottle and add sea salt. spritz this jazz on my dreads all the time and they stay pretty tight.I think If I were to change one thing it would be that about a week or two into getting my locks (after backcombing) following my first couple showers with them in i began to feel like they were becoming "undone" and loose. I had already been warned against dread wax, so I tried "dread buttta" that I got from a friend. TEMPORARY fix. I would only recommend using this shit if you have to go to a wedding. It leaves your hair pretty yucky and does not help with the dreading process. Sometimes waiting out the frizz is the best thing you can do, enough cannot be said about the benefits of having a good tam handy!All and all I loveeee my dreads. They are truly a simple and natural way to have your hair. They are gorgeous!! And obviously there is a lot more to9 dreads than your hair in ways of culture. haha I really wish more people had dreads =], It has potential to get tough sometimes I think, especially if you're not around a lot of other dreadies for support, but that's what this community is all about.Keep dreading! Love is strong. Photobucket fuzzy dreads in the first couple weeks Photobucket some progress Photobucket after a few months.- this is my favorite way to wear my dreads, I've been french braiding my hair a long time to keep it out of my face and because its an easy fix in the outdoors. I though I was going to miss that but I do it with my dreads! Photobucket pretty current photo, about a month agoI love my dreads and this dreadlock forum has definitely been an excellent addition to my dread community!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yay more dreads born in the woods :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

i started a few dreads before finding this site. i used to twist n rip method to make them without knowing what method it was exactly, i also interloked those few and still suffer the consequences from it! i was about ready to buy a dreadhead wax kit... so thank god i found it here! i finished twist n ripping them all umm i dunno, in mid june, i think. :) i'm approached a lot about my dreadlocks, and i refer every sinlge person HERE. i love this site.
updated by @jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
before i joined the site in november of 2009 i went to a salon and got fake twist "locks" with hairspray and bullshit -_- (i have pics in my profile) anyways, huge mistake. i found this site and i started my dreads exactly one year ago. only about 3-4 of them have stuck through since then (since i tried the backcomb method) but the rest fell out. so after being lazy for a few months i decided to twist & rip them in march 2010 and now have a set of nicely maturing natural locks. i got 100% of my dreadlock information from this site. i don't regret any of the fun, yet sometimes tough, journey and i'm proud to be apart of this site and have healthy, non-waxy/non-product dreads. it's so awesome to watch them grow and do things like congo together and get all these wild loops and bumps. it's just crazy how it's already been a year. congrats SE and dreadlockssite.
Madeline Floor
@madeline-floor
14 years ago
5 posts
how long was yor hair before you started your dreads?

Eva Lovelocks said:

i started a few dreads before finding this site. i used to twist n rip method to make them without knowing what method it was exactly, i also interloked those few and still suffer the consequences from it! i was about ready to buy a dreadhead wax kit... so thank god i found it here! i finished twist n ripping them all umm i dunno, in mid june, i think. :) i'm approached a lot about my dreadlocks, and i refer every sinlge person HERE. i love this site.

updated by @madeline-floor: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
quite a bit longer than it is now! haha umm it was almost down to my butt. there's pictures from behind on my profile. :)
Madeline Floor
@madeline-floor
14 years ago
5 posts
I was curious because I lost quite a bit of length as my dreads matured. They tightened, and shrunk, haha. but yours are a really nice length I think.Thumbs up/=]
markitos
@markitos
13 years ago
1 posts
Yes they are very pretty and so are you ;) I love your dreads they look awesome love the beads as well

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form