Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pictures comparing dreadlock methods at various stages

Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one
updated by @kellye: 07/23/15 12:00:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we were just talking biut that dreadand it insoired the thread about "perfect dreads" and how jno matter how much u strive fior perfect dreads its the 1 crazy 1 that is totaly inperfect ..the weird whacky crazy 1 that ya klove the most Kellye said:
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
h

just another 1 closer lil more detailedagain right about the 18 year mark

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Okay, it's not really much for pics of stages but I'll give some pics for 2 different methods, first is backcomb second is natural.First...Backcombed: This was a couple of weeks after backcombing, occasionally I'd twist them with hair gel. 6 months to a year after backcombing I believe. Bleached the black out with dreads, looks cool in the pic but it was orange, the roots were painfully tight and it looked like I had a bald spot in the back because of messing with them.Natural: Bleached, no brushing, styled with gel when I'd go out, no locking at this point. I'd twist and play with the chunks that were forming. Now...I keep them pulled back most of the time with a cut off shirt sleeve and don't think about them, I still touch and play with them because I love the way they feel, I have chunks of loose hair, some thick, some really thin. They are ultra comfy until I use the wrong soap and allergies make my scalp ultra itchy.
updated by @spider-feet: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
have u tried not using soap and use baking soda instead?keep the examples comming folksthis threads gonna help alot of people

--
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
the first picture is right after backcombing the second is about one month and the third is not quite two months.
Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
15 years ago
22 posts
this is me between sets after wax got the best of me and before I started growin my hair back for set no.2

this is the girls back combing round one...fight!

this one is at 3 months

these two were at about 6 months

this is about a year old

This is about 1 yr 4 mo.

This is my dreads today almost a year and a half later

updated by @adam-ligster: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Stephanie Saunders
@stephanie-saunders
14 years ago
19 posts
amen to that! soaringeagle said:
yea i havent seen any dread perm timelines cause i think theyre fairly rare..usualy a last resort option if hair just wont dread

funny thing is you wanna be a midwife
i think a midwife would be most respected if she was a totaly natural type barefoot bralesws unshaven no makeup dreads with ferns growin in um.. natural childbirth you want a natural practitioner not a sterile doctor in white coat
i think it wassnt so much your concern as the ppl around u projecting theyre concerns onto you and u buckling under the pressure
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
When I started dreading, i got my mom to do them, with none of us having any actual clue on what to do, exept some backcombing vids found on youtube and and a vauge ide of how to use a crochet needle. So please, feel free be horrified of the first few pictures. :P

Day one. Roughly backcombed and using a crochet needle that was waaay to big. I probably lost about half the hair I once had in the following months beacause of crocheting. Shame, but the only thing keeping them together.

Month 2. Starting to look better.

Month 3. Finaly stoped looking like a cactie.

Month 6. The real dreading have started. :D

Month 10. Taken about 5 minutes ago. They start to look realy good now. Can't wait to get some length on them.
updated by @scarface: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
This is almost 4 months of neglect, only matainence is ripping when needed Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket LOOOONG way to go if i wanna get to SE's Length :D

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form