Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect and twist & rip dreadlocks journey

Jacob Black
@jacob-black
10 years ago
1 posts

Hello. I started neglecting my hair back about 5 months ago and also formed some twist and rip dreadlocks along the way. Just wanted to know what you all think of the progress so far :p

So, this is my hair before. It was naturally straight and fairly thin:

And this is how it looks today. The shrinkage is mostly due to the fact that my hair was cut about shoulder length pretty much around the time of the start of my journey.

I actually made one twist and rip dreadlocks about 2 months before the start of the journey and it is my most mature lock by far. About 8 months old...

This is probably my favorite one. One of the first neglect locks to form. This one shrank a looot as well as the other neglect dreads. Look at all those frizzies :p That's a good sign that they're maturing, though.

I still have a lot of loose hair around the nape of my neck, but those will find their way eventually. What do you all think? I think in about a year, they're going to look sick! It's been a great journey so far. Reminds me of the journey I took when I began to grow my hair long.. good times lol

*Update* I think it's been about 10 or 11 months now. Maybe a year. To be honest I haven't really kept track too well. But things look a lot better now. What do you guys think?

updated by @jacob-black: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they are looking great and making good progress for sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

Awesome progress especially at only 5 months! Mine are probably about where yours are progress-wise at 1 year and 7 months :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form