Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Regrets, and a shift in philosophy

Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
I really respect your realization. It's something that I realized, too, so I'm doing mine naturally. What's the state of them now?
updated by @aurora-borealis: 07/23/15 03:19:01AM
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/albums/dread-development I update this pretty regularly. Aurora Borealis said:
I really respect your realization. It's something that I realized, too, so I'm doing mine naturally. What's the state of them now?
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Sometimes we are so busy going against what is natural, we end up right back at the point we started. Confused. You have to figure out what is right for YOU. Not for everyone else. You have started going down this path...and there will be plenty to learn on your own journey. You will make mistakes, you will have success, you will have middle of the road - "you ont know what it is" moments. LOLI love natural locs - just letting it happen. However, my profession does not see that as professional. So there is a compromise. I have in one hand my desire to be natural and in the other hand my desire to make a comfortable living for me and my two children. LOL - I met in the middle. Art imitates nature...yet nature in itself is all art. Pick what you want out of it...and work with that.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
It took awhile for me to shed the idea of art as creation also. I don't really see myself as being able to 'create' anything. As a musician I now(for the lack of a better word) 'grow' a song using my abilities and experiences.If you feel that it's necessary to totally start over in order to be happy with your dreads then by all means do it.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Wow! Impressed doesn't even say enough! I love this site for threads like this...beautiful, truthful, poetic....what else to say? As always, Faelwynn...spot on. So lovely and intelligent. Ryan, eloquent and thoughtful. The two of you should work on something together...it would be brilliant! To the others here...I wish that the "haters" of the word could evesdrop on these discussions and learn something. We have some incredible people here!

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form