Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Palm rolling & wax

Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

It happens because whenever you are twisting your lock in either direction, without being aware of it you are breaking hairs or disconnecting them from your scalp at the root. Imagine having some clay in your hands and rolling it out to a "snake" shape, with one end attached to something else, lets say, a ball (your head). The end of the clay attached to the ball would grow thinner and thinner as your rolled it between your hands until it finally fell off. Weird example, I know... but I have art on the mind. :D

Hannah Noel Paquette said:

Help! I'm am starting my dreads with the TnR method and have been palm rolling them to make them look more uniform. Why does palm rolling cause thinning at the roots?

<3

updated by @sarah16: 07/22/15 12:18:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

very good example easy yo visualize but it also creates friction damage inside the whole length of the dread some even palm roll till they feel the dread getting hot!

in fact thats how knottyboy tells you to palm roll they say when you feel the dread getting hot thats when you know your doing it right...crazy

Sarah said:

It happens because whenever you are twisting your lock in either direction, without being aware of it you are breaking hairs or disconnecting them from your scalp at the root. Imagine having some clay in your hands and rolling it out to a "snake" shape, with one end attached to something else, lets say, a ball (your head). The end of the clay attached to the ball would grow thinner and thinner as your rolled it between your hands until it finally fell off. Weird example, I know... but I have art on the mind. :D

Hannah Noel Paquette said:

Help! I'm am starting my dreads with the TnR method and have been palm rolling them to make them look more uniform. Why does palm rolling cause thinning at the roots?

<3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form