Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

don't know how to start

Travis McCulloch
@travis-mcculloch
14 years ago
2 posts
Hi guys, um, i've had this question that hasn't gotten answered by another dread forum. should i straighten my hair, and backcomb it??? i've only combed my hair 2-3 times in my life (i'm 15) and use only shampoo, no conditioner, yet all my hair does is get into a frizzy, thick-curled mess. i did a rough, quick try at backcombing, but all that was produced was a fuzz ball. what should i do? thanks guys, love you all :)
updated by @travis-mcculloch: 01/13/15 08:30:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sont straighten!! dont backcomb twist n rip..add beads if u need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh a pic i see ok length..if its longer would dread soooooooooooo ez naturaly..its tryin but needs more length

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
14 years ago
55 posts
You got the same hair as me; I decided to go the natural method and just let my hair do what it really wanted. It takes a little longer for our type of hair to dread unfortunately. However I did try backcombing once and I gotta say the results were pretty effin' cool but I think the curliness made them loose alot quicker than I expected.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey man, your hair reminds me of mine alot when it was short, (I also remember it being infinitely annoying at that length till it got longer and fell down the sides so it would no longer be able to "Fro" and be as frizzy,I'd recommend letting your hair get some length, as if you backcombed or anything you would lose alot of length at first (I lost inches when i first started, the tips of my hair reached my shoulders and I mean ALL of them, you can see where mine are now almost a year later)anyways, When I originally backcombed don't even bother straightening, its a horrible idea, I remember friends telling me "Oh you have to straighten that because your hair is too curly"but the opposite what quite true, curlier hair locks up much faster,if you let your hair grow it would lock up even faster,
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
Curly hair looks great dreaded and dreads well! My boyfriend has naturally curly hair and he dreaded naturally and they look pretty sweet! The frizzys might be annoying at first but they will all dread up and look great:) Just give it a lil time.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form