Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fell for the waxy lies. Now I'm ready to begin my journey.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
probly not bad but watc out for it all matting into a mass

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 12:21:21AM
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
after a year and a half of jonny clean shit i decided to cut my dreads short and completely comb them out wth a lot of conditioner. lost a lot of hair. but i did it so i could dread naturally. it's only been two weeks since i combed them out and i aready got a few dreadlings. just trust in the process. you won't regret your decision.
Marco Esquandolas
@marco-esquandolas
14 years ago
15 posts
Got through about 8 before I started finding some serious wax buildup near the roots. I thought I had gotten it all out. Haven't waxed in 4 months. Just goes to show you, it NEVER comes out.I would estimate 40% completion on the removal process. For the record, extremely wierd to have all this straight hair again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i bet it dioes but when u have real dreads it will feel amazing

--
Marco Esquandolas
@marco-esquandolas
14 years ago
15 posts
I spent the last 2 days with a comb. Slowly, little by little. Being careful to not pull any new hair out, but I'm not sure it mattered. Before I started "Sticky Jonny's" process, I had a freaking mane. Thick, wavy, beautiful hair. Now, its so thin it brings a tear to my eye. Not trying to start a Jonny flame fest, but his methods are ridiculous and his products even moreso. DON'T DO IT!!! Not only does backcombing DESTROY your shit, I think his clockwise rubbing may have permanently damaged my roots. I know its just hair, but I'm almost scared it's never going to come back like it was. And if (or when) the mistreated hair decides to grow back, is it going to naturally work its way into the new set? Someone please tell me I'm worrying over nothing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats what i keep trying to tell everryone but they act like dasmage doesnt matterall that rubbing and fussing causes a ton of damageyour thined out dammaged hair will dread, new growth will add tio it tickenning some or becomming new dreads, over time you'll have a mane again, thends maybe scraggly i dunno but in time your newe growt will recoveremaybe you can use this experience to encourage others not to use those metodsroot rubbing never msade sense anyways

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
write up a "lessons ive learned" tread if u do it well ill feature it

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags