Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Various questions on obtaning and maintaning dreadlocks

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Worried about the section size? Let them separate naturally, on their own. After a couple of weeks they will make their blueprint, then if you want to twist & rip or backcomb you can, But I recommend natural, I did the twist & rip and wished I went all natural. Anyways, after they have separated on their own, divide any sections that are larger than 1 inch or 2.54 centimeters. Any larger and they take longer to dry, over 24 hours when mature, and they can also pull on the scalp from weight when they are longer.

What ever you decide, read all the great info and tips found at the tab pages up top. They will look fantastic and be healthy from all the info you will learn before starting.

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/23/15 04:21:23AM
Craig Jackson
@craig-jackson
11 years ago
2 posts

I'll get right on to the dreaducation section, thanks for all your advice guys! There are to other questions Iforgot to ask though,

Can you cut away the bangs or they needed in the process?

Also does my hair have to be even to start? I ask because the last haircut I got was short back and sides so the back and sides are a fair bit shorter than the top.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u cut away the bangs ofcourse they arent neded to the process but they wont dread if u cut em and only very cute girls keep the bangs loose

(i prefer the full headed dreads tho)

the lengtyh diferences wont matter at all except the short parts will dread slower or not at all till they reach 6 inches (if u go natural they will dread at 5 if u tnr)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

if you want to have cut bangs you can, or you can let them dread. a lot of people don't want to bother with keeping the bangsseparateas loose hair so they just let them dread.

hair cuts won't matter, with the knotting & shrinking you won't be able to tell what was what eventually & then they will just all be growing

Craig Jackson said:

I'll get right on to the dreaducation section, thanks for all your advice guys! There are to other questions Iforgot to ask though,

Can you cut away the bangs or they needed in the process?

Also does my hair have to be even to start? I ask because the last haircut I got was short back and sides so the back and sides are a fair bit shorter than the top.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form