Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newly Backcombed and Waxed Dreads opinions.

Bass Clef
@bass-clef
11 years ago
6 posts

Hey everyone,

So after growing my hair out for about three years I felt the time had come to dread my locks. Last night my girlfriend and I stayed up uber late getting them sectioned backcombed and waxed etc. I just want some second opinions on how the backcombing of the locks look. I hear that I could have problems later on if they arent tight. Here aresome pics I took. If these arent enou gh to te ll I can post more. Thanks for the help! :)

updated by @bass-clef: 02/14/15 06:08:36AM
emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
11 years ago
32 posts

wax was a bad decision .

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

also, backcombing is kinda temporary. its likely it will loosen up and then redread. check out dreadlockshampoo.com for badass residue free shampoo and wax-be-gone. they have locking gel too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yiou were told ewrong u got to remove all traces of wax abd they are better off loose rather then tight

the reson u were told they have to be tihght is when u wax u stop all dreading and they never dred any more then the knots u create when backcimbing

wax is a dread sdestroyer and u reaklly should start over naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

im really srry to say but starting over is yoir best option wax is just pure evil

now if u dsont start over the dawn dish soap and 3 months of scrubbing with extremely hot water might get most out but u still might not ever be sure u got it all

the wax b gones much more effective but still you should do multiple treatmentes to be sure u got it all

it really is easier to start over comb out that mess

now u grew your hair for years to prep for dreads so why npt dread right and dread naturally?

herss mine never backcombed waxed rolled nothing just let them dread

all you have to do is stop combing and let it dread

its that so]imple

and that way they staty healthy

wax is a scam

it really is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
11 years ago
46 posts

I highly suggest washing them out, as painful as it might be to undo all that effort, in the long run you'll find it's the right decision. If you don't want to let them form naturally that's fine, but you need to get that wax out of there or they get dirty and very possibly rotten. Twist and rip is a good, quicker alternative.

Bass Clef
@bass-clef
11 years ago
6 posts

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Bummer to find out this way though.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

just be glad you found this site on time! some people find out too late and have to shave it off due to rot or mold from wax. you look like you have straight caucasian hair, as do i, and your hairwill dread pretty fast naturally. if you must start with a method, use Twist and rip.even if you use a method, youwill end up going natural most likely because the dreadsthat are made tend to fall out.your scalp knows where it wants dreads better than youdo lol.

Dillan Lynn said:

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Bummer to find out this way though.

Bass Clef
@bass-clef
11 years ago
6 posts

Alright everbody. Thanks for all the help, I have ordered some wax remover. I also took the bands out for now. I plan on getting rid of the wax, then re- back combing to tighten up the hair andthe roots. I know most of the people on hereprofess the most natural way possible is the best.I rinsed with hot water thouroughly a few times to try to get some of the wax out. Whats going to keep my roots from drawing together without banding though in the first few months? Im still reading through this site and other sites for info. Just seems like there is a TON of polarizing info on dreading out there. Heres what my hair is looking like today. Thanks again everyone!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Dillan. After your first session of removing the wax, you will feel how much lighter your dreads will be.

Did you know that waxed dreads stains pillow cases. Also clothing around the neck & shoulders in summer time. Imagine a really hot day & the wax warms up, slowly it would leach out of your dreadlocks staining anything it touches. You would maybe also get pimples all over your shoulders & back area where your dreads touch.

So, good thing you are removing the bad bad wax. Your dreads will love you forever!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form