Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

experience with very thin hair

greenblayza
@greenblayza
13 years ago
17 posts

Wow, I think I'm going to give that a shot! I've got very oily hair as well. I've only been using the BS mix for a few washes now and it seems to be helping a little - it might be too early to tell though. I mainly link it's less oily because I never touch it.

Now, to see if Korea has green palmolive, haha..

updated by @greenblayza: 07/13/15 12:34:07PM
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Ya you should try it!!! I'm sure you can use any type of dish soap, I think it's all residue free, that's just what I wash my dishes with so I used that kind!!! Haha rub it in your hands to get it a little bubbly, than wash your hair, it takes a good rinse to get it all out though. And a little goes a long way, especially if you have short hair!! Good luck, let me know how it turns out!!! ;)

greenblayza said:

Wow, I think I'm going to give that a shot! I've got very oily hair as well. I've only been using the BS mix for a few washes now and it seems to be helping a little - it might be too early to tell though. I mainly link it's less oily because I never touch it.

Now, to see if Korea has green palmolive, haha..

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

when i was at the store today i picked up a little bottle of palmolive dish soap. i normally just use castile soap to wash my dishes so i didn't already have some in the house. i squirted a little in my refillable squirt bottle and then filled the rest with water. it lathered up quite easily and my hair was squeaky clean. it did leave my hair with a bit more knots but i have to say for me personally if made my scalp really dry. i don't think i'll use it on a regular basis but it might be good to use once in a while to remove build up and such. thanks for the suggestion, celeste!

btw, do you still use the dish soap now or have you moved on to something else now that you have establish dreadlocks?

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
It does leave your hair squeaky clean thats for sure!!! I must have a really tough scalp!!! Lol it does dry your hair up really fast and knots up quickly, I don't use that soap anymore it was leaving them too dry now that they are all "pretty" mature. I just use head and shoulders now cause I love the smell. But I feel like their getting a little frizzy on the top...any suggestions??? ;) I know alot of people say the bs/acv wash is good, I tried that but. I just don't feel like it gets it clean like everyone says. Maybe I wasn't mixing it right or something...:-/

Heather said:

when i was at the store today i picked up a little bottle of palmolive dish soap. i normally just use castile soap to wash my dishes so i didn't already have some in the house. i squirted a little in my refillable squirt bottle and then filled the rest with water. it lathered up quite easily and my hair was squeaky clean. it did leave my hair with a bit more knots but i have to say for me personally if made my scalp really dry. i don't think i'll use it on a regular basis but it might be good to use once in a while to remove build up and such. thanks for the suggestion, celeste!

btw, do you still use the dish soap now or have you moved on to something else now that you have establish dreadlocks?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

it could be that you have hard water. bs doesn't like hard water. if i do a bs wash i mix it with distilled water. not sure about the frizzy part because i still have tons. maybe you could use a coconut based soap like kirks. it would condition your hair a bit but still clean your hair. also i've heard african black soap is nice too.

Celeste said:

It does leave your hair squeaky clean thats for sure!!! I must have a really tough scalp!!! Lol it does dry your hair up really fast and knots up quickly, I don't use that soap anymore it was leaving them too dry now that they are all "pretty" mature. I just use head and shoulders now cause I love the smell. But I feel like their getting a little frizzy on the top...any suggestions??? ;) I know alot of people say the bs/acv wash is good, I tried that but. I just don't feel like it gets it clean like everyone says. Maybe I wasn't mixing it right or something...:-/

Heather said:

greenblayza
@greenblayza
13 years ago
17 posts

Celeste -

Just wondering how you used the dish soap. Did you bubble it up in your hands and actually scrub it in or just wipe it over the top? I guess I'm wondering bc I would think that scrubbing the hair would take out any dreading.

I haven't started it yet and I'm thinking that when my hair begins to dread I could just wipe each dread down with the soap, but how did you get it to dread if you were washing everyday?

Thanks!

Celeste said:

Ya you should try it!!! I'm sure you can use any type of dish soap, I think it's all residue free, that's just what I wash my dishes with so I used that kind!!! Haha rub it in your hands to get it a little bubbly, than wash your hair, it takes a good rinse to get it all out though. And a little goes a long way, especially if you have short hair!! Good luck, let me know how it turns out!!! ;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

your better off tryin the baking soda cause then theres nio rubbing at all

greenblayza said:

Celeste -

Just wondering how you used the dish soap. Did you bubble it up in your hands and actually scrub it in or just wipe it over the top? I guess I'm wondering bc I would think that scrubbing the hair would take out any dreading.

I haven't started it yet and I'm thinking that when my hair begins to dread I could just wipe each dread down with the soap, but how did you get it to dread if you were washing everyday?

Thanks!

Celeste said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form