Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Part-sectioned TnR - work in progress

Wobby
@wobby
6 years ago
5 posts

My hair is uber-long (like below my waist) and have started to Twist n Rip from the back, but it will take me aaages to do my whole head....

From a weekend's effort I have 4 done. My sis has sectioned the next row for me, butis it best to finish one down the whole length (this takes two evenings!)or do an inch worthof each sectionfrom the row, just to get them started?

My question is can u sucessfully leave some hair un-dreaded while the process is going on underneith? I'm also having to wear my hair (and new dreadies!) "up" for work, but don't want them to be harmed in the putting-up process eg in clips and bobbles. Advice =appreciated!

updated by @wobby: 01/13/15 09:31:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,895 posts

why bother tnring with your hair if u let it dread itself it will dread faster then u can tnr it

tie u[=it back loosely with a bandana or wide headband

also your sections are about as big as u ever want dreads to be if they ever congo it can be trouble

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Heather
@heather
6 years ago
1,291 posts

photo

this lady on flickr has really long hair and she let it dread naturally. i think it looks lovely:)

Sweet,
@sweet
6 years ago
133 posts

The way your going is real fun I remember doing it that way, I did 1 dread a night while watching TV on the couch, you would only have to t&r half way down each section to guide where you want them to be and how thick, then the rest will follow. Doing it this way you get the whole head done quicker and then can at your leasure finish them all off if you want!

Sweet,
@sweet
6 years ago
133 posts

They are amazing - I wonder how long they are now.

Heather said:

photo

this lady on flickr has really long hair and she let it dread naturally. i think it looks lovely:)

Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

yeah really curious how her progress went! Love to see that timeline!!!

Sweet, said:

They are amazing - I wonder how long they are now.

Heather said:

photo

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form