Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best method for making dreads!!!

FivosRazor1
@fivosrazor1
15 years ago
4 posts
Well recently,I have been thinking of doing dreads and I wonder what the best method would be.My hair is like an afro at the moment and it is very hard :PI want to know which is the best method for doing good looking dreads,as fast as it can be and be very flexible so I can experiment in many styles or just do the usual ones like a Dreadhawk(
).Can you tell me if the method with the latchhook is good for making dreads?
updated by @fivosrazor1: 01/13/15 08:28:59PM
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Hey !Glad you pass here. The best way to have dread is obviously natural way. If your hair is like an afro right now just try to separate them in section and let them be it will probably dread pretty fast. There is no method to make have dread quickly, dreadlock is all about time and patience. I don't think the latchhook method is really good at all...If you don'T want to go natural even if I strongly recommend it to you, you can try to twist and rip your hair or backcomb but twist and rip over backcomb...If you don't want to wait for having dread you shouldn't have dreadlock!one more thing : please don't use wax !!hope this help.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
well I can tell you man, I to had an afro if I ever brushed it after it was wet,this kind of hair dreads incredibly simple as Im sure you've known if u ever didnt brush it often,if you don't think your gonna have your dreads that long and you don't care about your hair, crocheting will probably give you the closest thing to mature looking dreads, but I wouldn't recommend that in the long term, *I mean in a way you are just mutilating your hair into tight sections, plus they feel different from real dreaded hair at first*not bashing anyone that uses this method, it has its practicalities that I to have used,other than that what else are you wondering?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form