Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neglect

kris acosta
@kris-acosta
12 years ago
7 posts

neglect is the best way, i think...how long you been dreadin for? i got a few months in...neglect is too legit...avoid anything that isn't natural/herbal <3

updated by @kris-acosta: 02/14/15 04:59:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in weeks it will be 22 years all natural

and yea i look at it this way when u cook food over an open fire it always tastes better

when u cook over charcoals or propane its not the same

when u microwave food to zave seconds and buy tv dinners that look pre-eatten (and then regurgitted) it keeps u alive but very unhealthy and tastes like ..wellhow it looks

theres faster ways tio get toxic garbage in your belly but theres no better way then healthy organic fresh picked and if cooked cooked over an open fire

faters not always better

(not that they are even faster 1./2 the time)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kris acosta
@kris-acosta
12 years ago
7 posts

totally agree with you...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its all about whats best for u physicaly spiritualy mentaly emottionaly ..all ariund whats healthy natural and "right"

i couldnt imagine starting a dread journey by having people pull on my hair painfully for 17 straight hours of agony

(and then pay their whole rent for the priveledge of the torture)

--
kris acosta
@kris-acosta
12 years ago
7 posts

hahaha word...me and my friend do massage one anothers roots...its a nice trade.id def would not stand the torture of rapid dreading methods :/ ouch!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i think backcombing is like giving an infant breast implants

sure then they may look like a woman (sorta) but havent learned how to be a woman

i think the process of natural dreading allows you to learn to be a dreadhead while they form

cause if you just jump in and "put them in" your still a baldhead sporting dreads u havent had the time it takes to adjust your attitude and personality and spirituality to be in tune with whats in top of your head

you havent had the "growing into" experience of becomming a dreadhead..

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's nasty Eagle. "pre-eaten food thenregurgitated". Thanks for the mental picture lol.

But I agree, locks take time to grow and have them grow on you. If you start them, then you are not growing side by side. Your hair is sending out an image of yourself that you are not ready to fit.

If you let them grow and change with you, then you have experienced all of the issues you will face as they change, and have the time to deal with them as you grow emotionally. Many people who force the process end up cutting them or combing them out because they have not grown enough emotionally to deal with the few negative reactions they get from family/friends/or strangers.

I have been growing for 6 years. I have no idea exactly how long I stopped keeping track of that the day I started. they could be 5 years and 6 months or 6 years and 3 months. I don't keep track of their "birthday"

kris acosta
@kris-acosta
12 years ago
7 posts

haha, couldnt have said it better...its been years since i thought about dreading my hair...especially in some cultures women are forced to pinning up their hair or not having rights to styling it as they please...for me the beauty of life is patience and freewill, i thought about dreading years ago but i finally executed it a few months ago...that there is patience and along with the natural process, its really true you grow with your dreads...both are tied into one...just like mind body and soul...and if dreading is just for the look then youre totally missing the bigger picture...thnks for all the lovin and support of dreadheads...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moved to methods and featured just cause some important points were made

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I don't think they are missing the point if they grow lock for a style any more than I think people with mohawks are. Some have mohawks as a style, other for the rejection of society, other for a statement to the Native Americans. It's when people get preachy about it. That's when they are missing the point. And that works for both those who have them for style and those who have them for spiritual reasons. I accept people who use wax and other damaging methods if that's the look they are going for. I see no reason to judge them for it. I may, if the mood strikes me, tell them calmly that it is not healthy for thelongevity of their hair, but I will not tell them that they are wrong for going with their heart. If they decide to fix it, then I will have been there for them and they will be comfortable coming to me and asking for my opinion. If you getjudgmentaland preachy, they will reject your opinion and may just keep doing what they are doing to spite you.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form