Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Don't look!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

me i just use shadows not mirrors if i see a dread sticking up funny in a shadow i patt around till i find it and pat it down

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:42:07AM
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

That's a cool way of doing it S.E. Thanks for the tip.

soaring eagle said:

me i just use shadows not mirrors if i see a dread sticking up funny in a shadow i patt around till i find it and pat it down

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it works well some car doors as an example are just reflective enough to give a vague reflection along with a shadow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts
Is it okay if you only wear a tam to bed? That's what I've been doing for the past few months and I don't wear it if I shampooed my hair.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Y ou could, but most people find that at some point during the night it falls off. So not much point there. Plus if you wear a tam during the time of day that you can't look at yourself, anyway, why wear it all all?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i wore a tam to bed in the early months mostly to keep my long hair from getting pulled on when i slept. once my hair locked up more and i wasn't shedding hair then i ditched it. i still where a tam during the day sometimes especially when i need to wash my hair but i have stuff to do first.

RSavage26 said:

Is it okay if you only wear a tam to bed? That's what I've been doing for the past few months and I don't wear it if I shampooed my hair.
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

girls usually obsess a lot more about their looks so being a guy your already probably not looking in the mirror half as much as we are. when i started i was really looking for every possible change in my hair on a daily basis. ultimately all that did was make me frustrated with the lack of progress. once i got back into other things in my life and forgot about the journey then i started to notice changes. one good tip that has really helped me is don't do your separating in front of the mirror. i normally separate about once a week or so and i do it while watching a tv show. i've learned so much about how my hair is knotting just by feel. i can tell when one of them has changed by just running my hands down it and i don't over separate which will cause a ton of loose hair.

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts
I wore the tam because despite having pretty curly hair (some would call it kinky), the center of my head wasn't dreading. So I read on here that wearing a tam and using sea salt spray once in a while would help and they worked so I kept doing it. If I don't need to wear the tam every night then I'll stop doing it.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sea salt spray is good, but don't forget to wash it out. You never want to leave it in your hair for more than an hour or 2.

And I love that idea Heather. I've heard you mention it before. But it makes so much sense to not separate in front of a mirror

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts
Yup, I'm pretty dilligent when it comes to that. I don't want to dry out my hair after all.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form