Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why is the community here so against maintained locs?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

look at virtualy every twist or interlock vid on youtuv=be and i can point oi=ut the problems it causes

its more then common

irs the look that salons tell you is tidy..the scalp showing im going balfd look

its what they actively try to create! but its unhealthy and it causesthinning weakness gbewreakange and if you ignore it too long..permenant baldness

and theres absolutely no point in it at all excvept that salons shame you into thinking you need it u have to pay them or else your never going to get a job

at my drs office theres a woman with locks (if u can call them that still) over the years ive watched them they were 1/2 inch thick she started f=going to a salon

now the roots are 1 mm thick painfully pi=ulled in si tight theres bumps on her scalp areas with no hair at all almost 1.2 inch riuhnd each "dread" the salonthen twisted 20 dreads togetger even more painfully to make 1/2 inch dreads again but with tiny tint dreadlings feeding into it

i cringe when i see that

how many dreasds u see with scalp showing? how many braids?

how many cornrows

if left that way traction alopecia sets in..it recovers if u let it..if u ignore it u need a transplant

but no matter what if u force the roots to be too tight u are causing it to happen

your pulling on tyhe roots the roots rebenl and stop growing the hairlines receded away from eachother thnning the roots

tghe gaps widen the hair between dreads thins

and stops growing

dreads fall off

you get a poka dit look

you think thats attractive? it looks diseased..because it is diseased

but yoyr trained and conditioned by salonbs to beliefve thats a look you should want

like shaving your head to lok like a chemo patient

they cause a diseased situar=]tion traction alopecia and then concvince you its on purpose and a look you should want

like getting cancer fir the fashion starement

why are you paying for that?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:45:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

or talk to new dready and how hers were thinning in just months

Britany said:

I think you should watch this, this guy came here and shared hisexperiencewith the site. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tighten...

--
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
12 years ago
24 posts

I wanna try and keep the thickness i have so i can braid and style them

.I just feel with PROPER care , maintained locs can grow and prosper.

Even if i do have my locs for 20+ year( lord willin) , im sure that i won't need to go full blow free form

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its the best thing you can do for them

if you want to keeop the thickness you have then dont twist them leave em alone

or the hair will pull in and get thinner and thinner

they should be the thickness of the root sections

thats if you leave em alone

the only maintenance dreads ever bneed is washing and seperating thats all

--
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
12 years ago
24 posts

and btw im not being "trained by salons to look a certain way, I just want a neater look from my point of view.

If this was really an epidemic , maintained locs wouldn't be as common as they are. The guy in the video is the ONLY time ive seen this happening. INFACT, tho im goin to start doing my own hair, the person who does my hair has had locs for over 16 years with no signs of this happening.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you arent seeing it happening cause yiou dont knowwhat your looking for'thge "neater look" you think you want is it happening dont you f-=get thawt?

it is not a neat look to have scaalp showing that is the disease sertting in

why arent you getting that>?

the disease is the look you thinjk you want

its not neat

its a diseaee

that is the training you have had all your life

when brauided the vberaids too tight

whern cornrowed the cornrows too tight

all that scalp showuing is what they train you to think i==s tidy but it is a disaese

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I don't judge people if they want to maintain them however they see best. But I do always feel a bit confused when people are like "I must have my locs neat and perfect or I won't be able to do good in my career because people will judge me based on my appearance!"

It just seems like the total opposite of what dreads are about for me. But I guess people get them for different reasons.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not common/

gues again

you see it every single day without realizing it

read thuis

http://www.traction-alopecia.com/

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

This type of hair loss is more common among African Americans, Indian Sikhs and Japanese women who tie their hair too tightly. Also women who tie their hair into a very tight knot or ponytail experience this type of hair loss on the front or the sides of the scalp. This increases the tension in the hair giving rise to breakage of hair. Unlike other types of alopecia, Traction alopecia is more common among children, teenagers and young adults due to different styles they make with their hair. People who attach hairpieces on their hair and dont remove them for long periods of time also suffer through this type of hair loss.

Besides tight hair styles one more cause that leads to Traction Alopecia is over processing of the hair with certain thermal or chemical treatments such as dyes, bleaches, strengtheners etc. The chemicals present in these products are harsh for the hair making them fragile and weak. This damage is irreversible if it has greatly affected the health of the hair. Also the heat from heating instruments such as blow dryers contributes towards traction alopecia. The heat from these devices is harmful for hair follicles causing them to break out.

Traction alopecia can only be stopped if it is diagnosed at an early stage. This can be done by avoiding tight hairstyles that put extra pressure on the roots of the hair causing them to break out. People can make the same hairstyles by avoiding extra tightening or they can switch to loose and gentle hairstyles that are not harsh for their hair follicles. People who have identified that they are suffering through traction alopecia should take immediate action and consult a doctor as soon as possible who usually warns them against hair styles such as braids, cornrows, weaving and chemical processing. These are simple treatments, which only require a little effort on your side and do not include any side effects as well. Many traction Alopecia patients expect quick results once they have stopped making tight hair styles. This is completely wrong because often it takes several months for the hair to recover from this severe hair disorder. Also there are many cases in which some of the areas on the scalp never fully recover from traction alopecia.

It is advised to treat Traction Alopecia as soon as possible because if ignored for a long period of time it sometimes leads to permanent hair loss. Also there is no suitable treatment available to treat advanced stages of traction Alopecia. The hair loss caused by Traction Alopecia usually occurs on the frontal and temporal regions but it can vary depending on the hairstyles.

A treatment suggested for advanced stages of Traction Alopecia is hair transplant. But this is a very expensive treatment and if you will damage the hair grown as a result of hair transplant in the same way you damaged your real hair then the same situation will arise. People say one useful and cost effective method of treating Traction Alopecia is with the help of conditioners and cleansers. To give your scalp and hair a more refreshing look it is a good idea to condition the hair follicles and clean the scalp regularly to overcome damaged hair. But this is not always very effective. Some hair follicles become damage so severely that they remain damaged for the entire life no matter how much you try to treat them.

Besides damaging your hair by putting extra pressure on them with the help of tight hairstyles, there is a psychiatric disease called trichotillomania, in which people try to damage their hair of the scalp, eyebrows, moustache or beard by pulling them out un-intentionally whenever under psychological stress. This type of hair loss is not at all severe and it does not cause any harm to the scalp as well because the broken hair starts growing immediately. This type of hair loss does not occur on any specific region and the hair loss affected area keeps shifting from one region to the other. The best way to treat this problem is by explaining the patients that damaging hair like this can make the roots weaken and that the hairs on the scalp are a delicate thing, which requires extra care and caution. To treat trichotillomania often help of a Psychiatric is taken which will try to eliminate the cause of the psychological stress.

The best way to treat hair loss related to traction alopecia and Trichotillomania is with the help of a strict hair care regimen and by showing patience. Your hair will definitely grow back once causes and factors contributing to these types of hair loss will be overcome.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

anything that forces roots to be tighter then they want to be will cause traction alopecia

--

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form