Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why is the community here so against maintained locs?

Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
12 years ago
24 posts

I've had my locs for 10 months and don't see the problem of going to get them done or twisting them yourself, NOONE ive ever know with locs has had hair loss. I have african american hair btw.

I feel like as long as you dont twist too often you should be ok. I only retwist once a month.

updated by @marlon-moorer: 02/14/15 02:30:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

once a month is too often

it causes traction alopecia and in fact most likely everry single 1 u know had early stage traction akloppecia its an epidemic among african al=]mericans u see it every single day on the streets

it gets worse the longter u ignore u[]it

do you see scalp showing/ thats traction alopecia setting in kids as young as 6 i see with it

19 year old as are getting transplants in record numbers

salonds aee ripping you off doing extreme j=harm

and

2/3 that have twisted only 4 times a year have had dreads lost thuinning roots and issues

your at 10 mi][onths thats nothing

if you keep twisting they wioll thin out

this is what can happen tyo you

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not to mention they never need tightening or maintaining..period its pointless unnecessary and harmful

why waste your money

--
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
12 years ago
24 posts

well i like how my hair looks when its maintained. I still doubt this is common because i have yet to meet someone it has happened to. I do plan space out twisting as my length increases. Im actually gonna try the method in this video.

as a college student i need to have a level of neatness anyway to better increase my chances of getting job in my field. I may keep them a little bit past shoulder length.

Also where are u getting these statistics?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

now compare that to my dreads that are twice as old and never had a single thohg done to thenm ever..zero maintenance and they are thick strong healthy no balding no expence easy to care for

now if u see dreads that are 20-30-40 years old i gurantee every 1 of them is 100% natural unmaintained

by maintaining them you are shorttyening the lifespan thining the roots and risking dread loss

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

im gettuing the statistics from here and from ppln the street i see every day

and that vid shows some sings of it too not too mad but look at the thinness of the dreads and around the dreads the hairs thinning cant yoiu see thsat virewew fulk screen

look at tractionalopecia.org too thats where i got the stats on transplants

look at evertyone ui see with tight braids and corn roews

see the baldness between?

that can become permenant

salons are destroying african americans hair

now if you want a job u have 1 guranteed wat to keep your dreads..keep them unmaintained then you can say thety have spiritual or religios meaning and they cannot under any circumstances say anythinbgft about thenm

but if u mnaintain you have no rights at all and they can say to cut them

your salons scare you into giving y]up ypur rights..ajnd your money

i havge had no issues with jobs and my dreads and never did a thihng to tghenm

Marlon Moorer said:

well i like how my hair looks when its maintained. I still doubt this is common because i have yet to meet someone it has happened to. I do plan space out twisting as my length increases. Im actually gonna try the method in this video.

as a college student i need to have a level of neatness anyway to better increase my chances of getting job in my field. I may keep them a little bit past shoulder length.

Also where are u getting these statistics?

--
Marlon Moorer
@marlon-moorer
12 years ago
24 posts

I just dont believe that im GURANTEED to go bald by keeping my locs maintained. Im aware of the dangers of hair loss but i honestly feel that if do lose hair, it would be due to genetics from my dad than from twisting my locs. If i notice any thining ill combine.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

i can tell just from twisting my beard that is going to start dreading in about another half inch, that twisting has thinned and broken many many hairs. i would never twist the hair on my head in the same/similar fashion. not unless i intentionally wanted to destroy them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u twist monthly its guranteed if u twist every 4 months its most likely if u twist yearly your probly ok

but

theres nio o point in twisting ever at all

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

those are natural unmaintained and strong and heaklthy
Marlon Moorer said:

I just dont believe that im GURANTEED to go bald by keeping my locs maintained. Im aware of the dangers of hair loss but i honestly feel that if do lose hair, it would be due to genetics from my dad than from twisting my locs. If i notice any thining ill combine.

--
 / 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form