Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What are these Dreadlock styles called?

Klown Kliq Boom
@klown-kliq-boom
15 years ago
4 posts

i really want dreadlocks like these, but i just don't know what it is called? Is it twisting or back combing and how come there's is really thin? And one more question is it true that only African people can get this type of hair? I'm Sri Lankan and i have curly hair and i really really want this type of hair, so can i?
updated by @klown-kliq-boom: 02/14/15 09:05:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yes you can, they are probably started by twisting definately not backcombing (very bad for african typee hair especialy) you can get that by twist, or twist and rip just section thin. u can get that naturaly too but naturaly they wont be as boring

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
I backcombed my hair, no problems yeah im not a fan of the uniform dreads so its a preference thing. I agree with Se these are pretty boring but probably the most "socially acceptable" dreads that u can get

soaringeagle said:
yes you can, they are probably started by twisting definately not backcombing (very bad for african typee hair especialy) you can get that by twist, or twist and rip just section thin. u can get that naturaly too but naturaly they wont be as boring
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
those are probably made and maintained by a "locktician". Probably started with twists and get re twisted every few weeks. If you want uniform dreads that look exactly like that, your not going to get them any other way than by regular maintenance.not the style that i like but its your hair
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
My sisters boyfriend dreads are like that, about the same length if not longer as the first picture. And I think it takes a lot of maintenace. He hasn't gotten it retwisted and all his new growth (about 1 1/2 inches) is frizzy and congoing together. He can rip em appart but with no maintenance they will not look the same as the rest. So I will call them high maintenace dreads. =)
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
Im going to have to call those nfl dreads seems like alot of players have dreads but they're all uniform like that
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
haha yea ..boringand definatly high maintenancei like mine very low maintenance i got better things to do then spend hundreds of hours on hair tha tron said:
Im going to have to call those nfl dreads seems like alot of players have dreads but they're all uniform like that

--
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
I'm not exactly sure either.. Actually, they almost look like comb coiling the dreads I'm getting, but I haven't seen those on alot of guys, just women, but thats how they look sometimes.. or they are shorter.. depends on genetics of course:):)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
its not the thinness that makes em boring its the overworking that removes all personality till they are no longer an individuals dreads but "nfl" dreadstheres not a lump not a kink or loop or ..any feature that sets 1 single dread apart from every other 1thin dreads look nice and yea are easier for what u describe, but why remove all personality? Ouroboros said:
They look fine to me. NFL dreads, sure, but if you think about it, big thick threads aren't going to allow much airflow, especially in a helmet, so smaller dreads = cooler head, in more than one way. :) Boring? No. Just different.

--
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
Lol seems like dreads are the new cornrows. In the nba it used to be everyone had braids now everyone is keeping the short look

soaringeagle said:
its not the thinness that makes em boring its the overworking that removes all personality till they are no longer an individuals dreads but "nfl" dreads theres not a lump not a kink or loop or ..any feature that sets 1 single dread apart from every other 1thin dreads look nice and yea are easier for what u describe, but why remove all personality? Ouroboros said:
They look fine to me. NFL dreads, sure, but if you think about it, big thick threads aren't going to allow much airflow, especially in a helmet, so smaller dreads = cooler head, in more than one way. :) Boring? No. Just different.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form