Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

if you used a dreadkit before would you ever use a dread kit again?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
most new dreads believe dreadkits are the best way to get dreads, if you had a kit to make dreads in the past, would you ever use one again or recommend it to others?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 11/15/21 06:46:35AM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Nope.everything in the kit is just an overpriced substitute for thing you can easily get elsewhere,the comb can be gotten somewhere else cheaper, you can make your own shampoo,*locking accelerator* which is sea salt in a bottle, and of course the wax.Of course the kit is really designed to be marketed to those who are very worried over how their dreads will looks and feeds the mentality of "better safe than sorry" which is ironic considering some of their products. but really anything I could have ever needed I could have gotten here pretty cheap/free
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
not only that but the kits are destructive to dreads and in most cases cause a premature death sentence.the dread in a box mentality just goes with consumerism..buy buy buy..the more u pay for your dreads the better they will be..ofcourse the opposites true

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I would create my own.. It would consisit of:A simple card with a beautiful inspirational quoteMaybe a pretty dread bead..the Recipe for SE's Baking soda shampoo and the alternative oils you can useand...the web address to this site telling them to come talk to others and learn about the different methods recommended by people have tried them and succeeded or failed and what they learned and a wonderful support group for your new dreadie journeythen send it to them for free! More than you would need!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
love it :)

include this picture with a caption like "dreadkit? what the hecks a dreadkit?or "my dreadkit contains transendential bliss with a sprinkle of enlightenment"or "the best dreadkits don't come in a box, but from living outside the box" Izzy-licious said:
I would create my own.. It would consisit of:

A simple card with a beautiful inspirational quote

Maybe a pretty dread bead..
the Recipe for SE's Baking soda shampoo and the alternative oils you can use
and...
the web address to this site telling them to come talk to others and learn about the different methods recommended by people have tried them and succeeded or failed and what they learned and a wonderful support group for your new dreadie journey

then send it to them for free! More than you would need!

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
thats a genius idea!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
added it to the free dreadkit page actualy :) J.D. said:
thats a genius idea!

--
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
i got a free kit from my homie who kinda failed in tryin to get his locks goinoveralli think the rubberbands at da roots were the really the only thing that contributed to the lockin upbut i think a bead would do the same thangishmaybe the path to the dread journey is more of a GIANT field with millions of diffetn possibilites but at the end of the journey, it is all what u make of it
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
I didnt use a dread kit per se but i did use all of the contents of a dread kitfor example i used wax (DHHQ) a dog comb, made sea salt spray, used rubber bands etcgave up on all of it except the sea salt once in a whileseems to me like your hairs gonna lock up as long as you stop combing it, and all these sprays and powders give the illusion of faster locking when really its more of a placebo
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
is he not showing us to the left on the end of the street is the best dreadsshop to make dreads like this )))) lol ((((once i also asked one for advise for my dreads on a festival, and he said to me too, when you want to have dreads like me, lol, ( he had also such beautiful ones) and so i bought shampoo and some oil for the dreads to keep mine healty, (lol he should have warned me to through away my croching needle first) must say the products where the best what i have bought so far, ( but yes very expensive, must admit) but stil i know and i told him too, in no way, you get big and long dreads with thin hairit will always be the pence how your hair is, make how your dreads will look like on the endi will not set any dreads on a backcombing way, or help to croch the dreads, will always advise the natural way, yes love the soda too, hope at least i use now the right one, haha, and to everyone i know i show them this side soaringeagle said:
love it :)

include this picture with a caption like "dreadkit? what the hecks a dreadkit?
or "my dreadkit contains transendential bliss with a sprinkle of enlightenment"
or "the best dreadkits don't come in a box, but from living outside the box"

Izzy-licious said:
I would create my own.. It would consisit of:

A simple card with a beautiful inspirational quote

Maybe a pretty dread bead..
the Recipe for SE's Baking soda shampoo and the alternative oils you can use
and...
the web address to this site telling them to come talk to others and learn about the different methods recommended by people have tried them and succeeded or failed and what they learned and a wonderful support group for your new dreadie journey

then send it to them for free! More than you would need!

updated by @dani2: 07/22/15 07:17:51AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form