Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About dreads and crochet hooks

BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
Completely agree with hans, no one forced anything upon her, she came looking for advice and people gave their personal experiences. Whether crocheting is good or bad is ones own opinion, irrespective of this, replies that start off by saying "OMG, DIDNT YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID.... etc etc" is definately a show of arrogance. I have mentioned my opinion earlier in this thread and got bombarded by some people saying I musnt force or judge other people ..etcSo before anyone mentions the point that people didn't read the entire post.. Please keep in mind that yes we are literate and capable of reading.. And the fact of the matter is people gave their personal accounts intending to provide her with valuable advice and help her answer her question. It is her choice to decide what she agrees with or not. But again frases such as "OMG,... " "That soaring eagle guy..." And using unecessary foul language definately sets the wrong tone.Any way.. No need to ponder on this argument,... I'm going to go make some food
updated by @boombiddybyebye: 07/17/15 05:02:05PM
Andréa Columbus
@andra-columbus
13 years ago
7 posts

Haha, I should probably stop, I'm totally trolling you guys and you take it so seriously :((((((((((

Leah "Paddish"
@leah-paddish
13 years ago
16 posts

As funny as you may think it is, one of the rules here is not being an asshole or trolling...and here you have done both...>< Just sayin'

username1234
@username1234
6 years ago
1 posts
I'm in need of some advice i started dreading by backcombing about 4 months ago and I used a crochet hook on some of my knots but just once will they still eventually dread up I enjoy letting them do their own thing other than separating them and would hate to start over. I dont think my wife could take it.
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

username1234: I'm in need of some advice i started dreading by backcombing about 4 months ago and I used a crochet hook on some of my knots but just once will they still eventually dread up I enjoy letting them do their own thing other than separating them and would hate to start over. I dont think my wife could take it.

Hey! Don't worry, your hair will dread! The less you have used the hook, the faster it will dread. So don't use it again in the future. Only wash 1-3 times a week with a dreadlock friendly shampoo and separate regularly, that's it! Crocheting brakes a lot of hair and causes severe damage by longtime using. The stiff crocheted strands take forever to dread proper. Hair needs to move and to be clean to dread right up. Feel free to ask questions and post some pictures of your dread journey!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

username1234: I'm in need of some advice i started dreading by backcombing about 4 months ago and I used a crochet hook on some of my knots but just once will they still eventually dread up I enjoy letting them do their own thing other than separating them and would hate to start over. I dont think my wife could take it.

the looser they are after the crochet the faster they will recover. if they aren't tight and stiff the worse you did was break a few hundred or thousand hairs

that does very lil to weaken them.. its only when you break those hairs again and again that they get weaker

for example.. an untouched natural dread 1 inch thick can support 1000  pounds (in my case 1 went under the back wheel of the car slamming my head against the headrest hard but did no damage to the dread)

a dread crocheted once might support 985 pounds  crocheted monthly for a year and 600 pounds monthly for 6 years 100 pounds

thats still plenty strong to not break

but lets say they crochet 2 times a month for 12 years by this point, 1 pound or less s all it takes to break them

each time ou break a hair it gets shorter.. the shorter the hairs the weaker the dread

crochet only once the worse you'll have is stiff dreads for years that are 10 times frizzier from broken hairs popping out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 6
Dislike 4

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form