Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads predate money so why spend money for dreads

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Yea I guess you could do that.I'll spare you my reservations about homeopathic symptom treatment. I tend to get a bit hardcore naturalist about stuff like that, but if it worked for SE its got some merit. I would just be interested to see how the effects would hold up long term with a continuation of acidic buildup.
updated by @didjeridurian: 07/03/15 07:56:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i also rarely smoke weedive smoked once in the past 4-5 monthsi like it just donjt care if i smoke or not Didjeridurian said:
Yea I guess you could do that.

I'll spare you my reservations about homeopathic symptom treatment. I tend to get a bit hardcore naturalist about stuff like that, but if it worked for SE its got some merit. I would just be interested to see how the effects would hold up long term with a continuation of acidic buildup.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Thanks Didje...I respect the opinions in this thread and appreciate the goal of working towards a totally natural lifestyle. I believe that things don't work correctly in our society as is and there should be more options for you to live that way...at current there is practically no options for that. Likewise for my ideal, I'd rather a positive balance between luxury, technology, advancements and natural, healthy, simple lifestyle.I love the extreme opinions of idealists as they are needed. I also believe that moderate opinions are needed in these issues. The acceptance of differences of opinion is absolutely necessary otherwise debate will turn into defensive argument.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont think anyones arguingits been a very interesting discussion.some just dont believe the ideals are attainable.look at the concept of peace for instance..i doubt theres anyone who doesnt think peace is better then war, yet many refuse to believe peace is possible, so they do mental gymnastics to justify wars, after all wars are inecvitible if peace isnt possible.it always seems anyone who works towards an ideal society os labled as an extremist and theyre ideals "pipe dreams"but what gets me the most is, things like peace are absolutely attainable if you just accept that they are.its the refusal to believe in the feasability that keeps it from becomming possible.

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Idealistic and Realistic are not opposites.Ideal is the goal, Real is the current state.Talking about Ideals keeps us focused on the goal.Talking about reality keeps us grounded in the moment with perspectives on how we can advance.The two balance each other in a way.Considering the ideal to be unreachable is complacency.And not considering reality is escapism.THAT IS EVOLUTION. ACCEPT REALITY IN THE MOMENT AND WORK TOWARDS THE IDEAL soaringeagle said:
i dont think anyones arguing
its been a very interesting discussion.
some just dont believe the ideals are attainable.
look at the concept of peace for instance..i doubt theres anyone who doesnt think peace is better then war, yet many refuse to believe peace is possible, so they do mental gymnastics to justify wars, after all wars are inecvitible if peace isnt possible.

it always seems anyone who works towards an ideal society os labled as an extremist and theyre ideals "pipe dreams"
but what gets me the most is, things like peace are absolutely attainable if you just accept that they are.
its the refusal to believe in the feasability that keeps it from becomming possible.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable." -J.F.K.
sue
@sue
14 years ago
18 posts
I can answer this in what happened to me when i had my dreads a couple years ago...mine were all natural, no wax or anything.. a friend had helped me with them while we watched some movies... they were kinda messy.... and i worked at a resturaunt. that didnt go over very well, so they stuck me in back to wash dishes, dropping my pay, of course. i loooved my dreads, but i also needed to keep a job because i have 4 children. it's hard sometimes when there are soooo many places that judge you by your hair. i kept the dreads for 2 years, and took the pay cut, then ended up finding a new job, but that wasnt easy. Im guessing, from my experience, i think having them 'done' by a hairdresser, sounds like they might come out neater. i still wouldnt choose that route myself, but i think maybe that's why some people choose it??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well thats a double edged sword, the hairdressers especialy dhhq and knb push the idea of only "neat" dreads being acceptible so employers demand it and then salons make complete messes that are sticky and gross whoch make employers think dreads are gross so they demand neastness which ofcourse means grossness...the natural clean healthy dreads are demionized and made to be thought odf as undesirable sue said:
I can answer this in what happened to me when i had my dreads a couple years ago...
mine were all natural, no wax or anything.. a friend had helped me with them while we watched some movies... they were kinda messy.... and i worked at a resturaunt. that didnt go over very well, so they stuck me in back to wash dishes, dropping my pay, of course. i loooved my dreads, but i also needed to keep a job because i have 4 children. it's hard sometimes when there are soooo many places that judge you by your hair. i kept the dreads for 2 years, and took the pay cut, then ended up finding a new job, but that wasnt easy. Im guessing, from my experience, i think having them 'done' by a hairdresser, sounds like they might come out neater. i still wouldnt choose that route myself, but i think maybe that's why some people choose it??

--

/ 7
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form