Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How long is it gonna' take me from here... :D

Amen Hussein
@amen-hussein
13 years ago
5 posts
1/2 black, curly haired parents, dads had dreads for 20 years. This is about 2 months of not doing shit after I already had a bit of a fro. How long is it gonna' take for these 100% natural neglect dreads to mature?
updated by @amen-hussein: 01/13/15 09:03:34PM
Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts
From what Ive read on here most people to get full mature natural dreads it takes like a year or so...Being half black, that will for sure work in your favor lol. Wish I could help you more. Haha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bout a year tho are u going to seperate at all or let them form any ol way they want it looks to me like youd be getting huge conf=gos or a unidread if u dont seperate tho that can be cool and unique too

but on average they mature in bi=out a year altho many say 2 years

by 4-6 months you'll be getting "nice dreads"

and thats when u know your making good progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amen Hussein
@amen-hussein
13 years ago
5 posts

The entire back of my head already tried to congo, getting it out was a fuckin' PROCESS. Yeah, 2 monts, whole backside congoed, I love my hair. :) Is it possible that root flipping just 1-2 times may be beneficial for certain hair types in certain situations, cause I tried it on the front left, right, and left side and now my fronts are like some of the most mature dreads I've got outside of the back.

This is my second time around so I really have to make sure I don't fuck up, 2 applications of wax screwed me over last time.

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
I flipped a couple of mine, just to see what would happen. Didn't do much though. They were already pretty solid dreads, and I didn't do it very much or tight, within a few weeks you couldn't even tell I had done anything, the roots were right back to how they had been before. There is one in the front that visually I can't tell, but when I touch it, I can tell where I flipped it, but even that one is slowly going back to normal. Wasn't the death of my dreads at all, but my hair is really frizzy and curly. Most afro-textured hair, root flipping is...well, not fine, but it's not the end of the world. Or your dreads. Of course, I can't really say it did anything for my dreads, but mine were already sectioned/separate.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
oh no nevder flip the roots thats 1 of the absolute worse things u can ever do!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts

I envy your hair type!

That is all. lol

HAPPY DREADING!!! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus