Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To undo what I did & thinking truly let it be? thoughts & opinions,experiences :)

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

I created my dreads by forming with my idea that was only created with my eyes & not my spirit. Aroundpre-teen age I wanted dreads, then i put it to the back of mysubconsciousmind, was not ready (i believe) for the transformation. Presently being healthier physically, mentally, it's time to dread. So I was thinking it'd be doneprofessionally, but i wanted to go about it natural & 'self do type of thing', I sectioned, twisted, palm rolled and then placed into rubber bands on & off for 2 weeks.. I palm rolled an twisted for 5 weeks, completely stopped that after 5 weeks.. Been 3 months and 2 wks-today..found what i listed i did above online. lol then educated me self more and now understanding what i was intending to do all along. Go allnaturals.. :D

so i'm thinking to take my dreads out now 3 months 2 wks in and just let it be from the beginning to form with my spirit as one and just be.. I feel I created my dreads, they had no part in the most important process, forming, I did that..I dunno, something i've been thinking about...
All opinions,thoughts and those who have experienced maybe something the same, feed back is greatly appreacited.. take care & peace *not sure where to categorize this..lol,im having a 'cope with method problem'. :)

updated by @spiritbeing: 02/14/15 03:49:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well youve already surrendered to nature and are letting them do their thing yea you didnt let them go from the start but now you are its up to you to decide if this is good enough to soothe your soul or if tyou feel you must start over and do it more purely

its only 3 months progress lost if you do start over and u probably will not regret it as they form

but if your having these thoughts already at 3 moonths then perhaps that resentment will cary on for years

i..am inclined to think that with yoir personality..who you are at the core you'd probably make the same decision today that youd make 6 months from now so ..you know what to do and nows the time to do it

if it is your choice to start over its better sooner then later

suggestion

take out just 1...see how it feels

that 1 will let u know what to do bout the rest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
looking at your pics your dreads have developed quite fast and beautifully. i would leave them. i think they look just like anyone who went the full natural journey. all you did was jump start it. they're going to be beautiful. i love all of your loopies:)
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
Thank you soaring eagle for your kind thoughts, I'm thinking the same..That's a good suggestion :) how would I go about taking one out? Any tips & info is appreciated! Thanks again, take care & peace

soaring eagle said:

well youve already surrendered to nature and are letting them do their thing yea you didnt let them go from the start but now you are its up to you to decide if this is good enough to soothe your soul or if tyou feel you must start over and do it more purely

its only 3 months progress lost if you do start over and u probably will not regret it as they form

but if your having these thoughts already at 3 moonths then perhaps that resentment will cary on for years

i..am inclined to think that with yoir personality..who you are at the core you'd probably make the same decision today that youd make 6 months from now so ..you know what to do and nows the time to do it

suggestion

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
Thank you for your kind thoughts :) I was thinking I should just leave them because they are dreading fast and I really have not experienced taking out knotted up hair so I don't know what to expect. But I just have that thought I formed em' and now they just have to knot up in 'place'..:P Thanks again for your kind words, & your journey is looking very very lovely! take care & peace

Heather said:
looking at your pics your dreads have developed quite fast and beautifully. i would leave them. i think they look just like anyone who went the full natural journey. all you did was jump start it. they're going to be beautiful. i love all of your loopies:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

soak in conditioner or olive oil comb out carefully just from the tip work on just the last lil bit of knotted hair

spirit~being~ said:

Thank you soaring eagle for your kind thoughts, I'm thinking the same..That's a good suggestion :) how would I go about taking one out? Any tips & info is appreciated! Thanks again, take care & peace

soaring eagle said:

suggestion

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
But your dreads ARE forming on their own. You cannot make dreads. Any method is just a starting point. It did not make your dreads. Dreads form over time. It takes a year or so for knots to form into mature dreads. Twisting them and palm rolling them did not make them dreads. It started a process that encourages hair to knot ....which with time becomes dreads. Sectioning did not form your dreads. Most of the people that i know that did neglect actually encouraged sections one way or another, such as separating them or encourage sections with beads. Or wrapping together to get a congo to form. I am sorry you feel bad about your dreads. The important part right now is how you maintain them. You are treating them well. They look really good. But if for some reason you feel the need to start over, do it. What ever you decide I hope it becomes a wonderful journey for you.
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Thank you Taye for your kind thoughts!! :) I'm very happy with my baby dreadies, they surprise me every day. I understand my hair will lock up in time but when i first began, i was thinking/ 'picturing' what i've seen most people with dreads look like,,*twisted sections of hair that locks up* so that's what i aspired to do, section my hair & twist lol, I see how some sort of sectioning would need to take place but not to the extreme like i did. My dreads were something formed with my eyes, with me in charge, not my hair & my spirit..I get sectioning, twisting is not dreading and they're still locking/forming, growing as they mature but that i decided the place that dread will be, :( me.. I decided odd places at that..lol Thanks for the comment, appreciate it, you are very kind & have beautiful dreadies. Have a wonderful journey as well :D

taye said:

But your dreads ARE forming on their own. You cannot make dreads. Any method is just a starting point. It did not make your dreads. Dreads form over time. It takes a year or so for knots to form into mature dreads. Twisting them and palm rolling them did not make them dreads. It started a process that encourages hair to knot ....which with time becomes dreads. Sectioning did not form your dreads. Most of the people that i know that did neglect actually encouraged sections one way or another, such as separating them or encourage sections with beads. Or wrapping together to get a congo to form. I am sorry you feel bad about your dreads. The important part right now is how you maintain them. You are treating them well. They look really good. But if for some reason you feel the need to start over, do it. What ever you decide I hope it becomes a wonderful journey for you.
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
In my opinion, your eyes and hands are guided by your spirit, so your spirit had quite the influence on what you began to create. Truly it is up to you, I hope you find peace with whatever you decide. I felt the same around this time in my dread journey. I decided to just let it be from there. Still traveling along, still learning.
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
Thank you Crystal for your kind thoughts!! :D It's neat there are people who've had the same emotions because it's kinda of hard to explain but more feel.. I see what your saying about the guiding by eyes,hands with the spirit, but starting my journey I started with the intention to basically have them 'look like everyone else's' ya know what i mean? :P Kinda of silly but at the time I did not understand but knew I had to start dreading my hair.Your dreads are lovely & I hope you have a wonderful journey! We are always learning, beautiful thing :) I don't want to be fifty and not have learned a thing -take care & peace

Crystal O. said:
In my opinion, your eyes and hands are guided by your spirit, so your spirit had quite the influence on what you began to create. Truly it is up to you, I hope you find peace with whatever you decide. I felt the same around this time in my dread journey. I decided to just let it be from there. Still traveling along, still learnin
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form