Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how much length will i lose?

Miranda Lynn
@miranda-lynn
13 years ago
4 posts

i've asked so many people this and gotten a different answer every time. i plan on twist and ripping my hair soon and right now its a few inches past my shoulders, and i don't want it to be drastically shorter, so i'm wondering if i should wait til i have more hair?

updated by @miranda-lynn: 02/14/15 05:42:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah dont wait the longer it is the more drasticly it shrinks

if its shoulder length u may only lose an inch or 2 at 1st and anoyther 2 b4 mature if its waist length it may lose 1/2 the 1st day and shrink to the ears b4 mature

everyone gives a diferent answer cause every experience varies however

on average u lose 1/2 right away 1/2 more b4 mature

but the longer it is he more u lose

going natural u notice it the least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miranda Lynn
@miranda-lynn
13 years ago
4 posts
oh...awesome okay. thats a lot better than what i expected.
Miranda Lynn
@miranda-lynn
13 years ago
4 posts
i'm working on not having them, kinda always been vain about my hair. good to hear its going so well for you! thats really not as much as i was picturing though...one of my cousins had hair down to her waist two, got it dreaded by a loctician and it was to her shoulders the next day

fancyAmanda said:
try to not have expectations... best advice i can give. i stressed big time over my hair shrinking before i began the dreading process. my hair was past my shoulders and 12 weeks later its up to my chin. but i've loved every minute of this process and no longer worry about the length of my hair, only the overall health of my growing dreads :)

Miranda Lynn said:
oh...awesome okay. thats a lot better than what i expected.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

going to a locticians a huge mistake

the more natural u go the more gradual the shrinking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts
I dunno if a few inches shorter will be true for you or not. I also lost A LOT of length and never thought I'd like having such a dramatic change! My hair has always been wicked long, but it's miles above my shoulders at this point lol
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I lost quite a bit of length with some of my thicker dreads, and barely any at all with other dreads. Started with hair half-way down my back and now 6+ months in some is shoulder length and some close to my waist if you count the tips. :) Kinda like it's layered-ish. It all changes all the time so I don't expect anything, just observe. :)
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts

On other people i have seen that have done TnR if you dont do them tight enough in the beginning then you lose muchhh more length!! heres mine and my friends jessica evas time lines we both did twist and rip!! Mine are are almost 2 months old and hers are 1 year! http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/my-tnr-timeline-mayish-2010#axzz167x2Bbb7 thats Jessica Eva Lovelocks and heres mine http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/sexz-lexzs-tnr-timeline-yayyy

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

XOXO Lexz

Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts

Also it shrinks more if you have longer hair! Your dreads look awesome though Jackie!

XOXO Lexz
Jackie said:

I dunno if a few inches shorter will be true for you or not. I also lost A LOT of length and never thought I'd like having such a dramatic change! My hair has always been wicked long, but it's miles above my shoulders at this point lol
Miranda Lynn
@miranda-lynn
13 years ago
4 posts

youre hair is gorgeous, love the color:D

Lexz Luv said:

On other people i have seen that have done TnR if you dont do them tight enough in the beginning then you lose muchhh more length!! heres mine and my friends jessica evas time lines we both did twist and rip!! Mine are are almost 2 months old and hers are 1 year! http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/my-tnr-timeline-mayish-2... thats Jessica Eva Lovelocks and heres mine http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/sexz-lexzs-tnr-timeline-...

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

XOXO Lexz

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form