Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet - Newbie needs advice!

Glen Hawksworth
@glen-hawksworth
13 years ago
9 posts
What shampoo should I use once they're dreaded, does it have to be residue free regardless of anything?
updated by @glen-hawksworth: 07/23/15 07:09:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

have to no but should be

u can get away with using residue shampoos but its not the best thing for em at all residues are hard o remove

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh also crochet does cause the exposed scalp look .. very badly in fact

if you sdont want the exposed scalp look then dont do strict sectioning allow the hair to section itself naturally and use the twist and rip on the natural sections

or just continue naturally

--
Glen Hawksworth
@glen-hawksworth
13 years ago
9 posts

Thanks for the replies guys, plenty to think about. Much, much appreciated.

Also, is there any particular residue free shampoo that you recommend soaring eagle?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda deep clense or dr bronners (diluted12-1_ or maylees gardens (in our shops here)

--
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
13 years ago
33 posts
all i have to say is in the end, if you go through with this your gonna have so horrible looking dreads, the way you plan doing it is totally the wrong way, your hair will mold if you wash everyday, your dreads wont dry out, as days go by and they start to lock up the insides will stay moist and start to mold, hahaha but do it if you wish, its your hair, if you really made up your mind on this thats fine, but i advise you to not do it this way, but i only have so much power to change your mind, if you do it, please post pics, i want to see the outcome of these things haha
Glen Hawksworth
@glen-hawksworth
13 years ago
9 posts
I'm considering going TnR. I'd need to find someone local to do it for me though. In fact i'd almost definitely do that instead if I knew someone local to do it for me.
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
13 years ago
33 posts
save the money, and do TnR yourself if your not sure if your gonna keep the dreads, sounds like your worrying too much bro. watch videos on youtube how to TnR, and separate your hair in sections and TnR, you'll pay quite a bit on someone to TnR for you, it takes quite a bit of time, hahaha you should probably meditate before this as well, i hear it calms the person down, you sound like you need that, best of luck to you
Glen Hawksworth
@glen-hawksworth
13 years ago
9 posts
I'd much rather pay someone to do it who has the experience, if I go TnR it would be a far more potent symbol of commitment (to myself) and I would certainly be in for the long haul then.I'm not really worrying, it's strange if it's come across that way in my posts, i'm more excited than anything else, especially after speaking with you guys about it on a forum. (my friends think it's a bit of a joke, unfortunately since moving back to wales I don't mix with many "heads")I really would rather someone else did it though. I can't see how I could do it myself properly all over my head. I have watched vids of people on youtube, and i'd really rather get someone else to do it for me.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr is super ez and u could grab any homeles guy off the street and give em a beer and sdandwich to help ya or just have a few freinds over for a dreading party buy an 1/8 of weed if u smoke and rent a few movies

order a pizza and u got all u need to dread

going to someone "with experience' most likely will get your head caked in wax

a couple clueless freinds are a way better option

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form