Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning and Flat Roots - 2 week old dreads

Alexandra
@alexandra
13 years ago
16 posts
Well, my dreadlocks are two weeks old now. I absolutely love them, but I have a couple of questions! Does sectioning really matter? I sectioned mine, but very randomly because I wanted all different sizes. And now it seems, because of my strange sections, the roots are growing in very flat and flop in different directions. It doesn't bother me, but I'm worried it might become a problem later. My question is-- will it? None cross over each other or anything, they are all apart from one another; not crisscrossed.
updated by @alexandra: 03/02/18 03:59:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i never sectioned every sections a diffent size and shape as they wanted tpol be then i let em congo at will last 3 years so they are even more random and doing what they want to do

nah sectioning dont matter as long as they not becomming 1 big dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alexandra
@alexandra
13 years ago
16 posts
Very relieving! Thanks.They aren't becoming one big dread, they're all pretty separate. I have some lose hairs, but not many, that attempt to combine some of my dreads to one another, but I separate them all because I'd rather not have congos atm.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yup they will be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rachel3
@rachel3
13 years ago
10 posts
the way you described yours is how I started mine snd for the most partt hey tend to do their own thing but every two months otao I have to separate mine a the roots so they don't grow together. you can just snip at the hairs to separate them if that happens

Alexandra said:
Very relieving! Thanks.They aren't becoming one big dread, they're all pretty separate. I have some lose hairs, but not many, that attempt to combine some of my dreads to one another, but I separate them all because I'd rather not have congos atm.
Alexandra
@alexandra
13 years ago
16 posts

Thanks for all the replies! Really sets my mind at ease :) Haha, Biz, I understand worrying! I need to relax and stop fussing over my locs as much.

All these answers have helped loads, thanks again people!

hayley *:・゚✧
@hayley
11 years ago
10 posts

i didn't have a mirror to see the back of my head at my boyfriends apartment when i started dreading my hair two weeks ago. i just sat on the couch on my day off from work and just felt around on my head to make the dreads. so i have random sectioning and while i am having days of utter chaos going on on my head, i think i'm a lot happier with just letting my dreads do their thing and just separate them sometimes.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form