Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads wont lay down...

Sampson
@sampson
7 years ago
18 posts
my hair is about 8 weeks now and it sticks everywhere like a spider. Is there anything I can do to get it to lay nicely like it did when i first got it coiled ? I uploaded a picture so you all could see what I'm talking about. Ugh..help...
updated by @sampson: 02/14/15 03:50:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts
what have u used in it that maybe made em stiff any wax or gels that harden other then that wash em often toss on a hat or scarf to smoosh em down..and give em time they gotta settle in and dread

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Sampson
@sampson
7 years ago
18 posts
I used the jamaican mango and Lime locking gel in it. The dreads are actually not hard...they just refuse to lay back and lay down. they lay every other direction though...smh
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts
dont bother using the gell unless u need moisture

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
7 years ago
39 posts

I had the same issue for a while mate. Just give them a little time. Mine settled after a few weeks. I had one dread that stuck up for quite a while giving me the alfalfa look haha. It will all settle down soon enough. I do agree with SE though, can the gel. I used wax for a couple of weeks and it did nothing good to my hair. The dreads started to improve once I just let them be.

Peace

Sampson
@sampson
7 years ago
18 posts
ugh yeh. ok. I really wish I hadnt started mine with the latching aka rootflipping method. I wish I had had someone knowledgeable to help me from the beginning. This ugly stage is a mess too. I'm ready for it to be over fa real...
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
7 years ago
39 posts
Dreadlocks are a great teacher of patience. Sick with it mate! You're still in the early stages, if you're really unhappy you can start over. But that's a big process. They will come together nicely with time!
Sampson
@sampson
7 years ago
18 posts
haha I appreciate it. Everyone keeps telling me that. I guess I feel like I'm going down a dark road hoping itll end where I want it to. I started Feb 8th so HECK no im not starting over. The next start over will be a cut and give up...lol
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
7 years ago
39 posts
Hahaha, yeah mate, I know how you feel. I went overboard with the crochet hook in my early stages... my hair is still recovering. Plenty of loose hairs everywhere. But that's a part of the journey! :)
Sampson
@sampson
7 years ago
18 posts
You know what man..you are alright with me...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form