Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The truth of Backcombing is Unraveled (literally)

Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I'm in ontario, I just sent my husband to the grocery store to see if he could find some fresh stuff LoLI cant really have any plant life in my home because I have cats and they eat any plant I've tried to bring in. And It's starting to get cold at night here, so if I planted it outside I dont think it would live long Didjeridurian said:
where are you exactly? Thyme is super hearty, should be available anywhere. Real easy to grow

Jo McClelland said:
awesome, I will try out the thyme tea spray. Where I am tho its hard to find actual thyme, would the dried out version work?
Thanks!

soaringeagle said:
hmm not totakly sure since mines more dry then oily i would think u shouldnt unless u needed too but matbe didge or willow would know more

weekly should do it if your still oily.. spray with thyme tea inbetween washes u can leave it on

updated by @jo: 07/23/15 11:35:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
herb stores would be better..or health food store that stocks bulk herbs toogrocery stores will probly only have lil spice container type things of thymetheyre too small u can use all of it quicklyan herb store u can get a couple oz cheapoh andu can grow cat grass so the cats chew that and leave everything else aloneand i think if u dilute dr bronners alot and spray ity on the leaves the taste will make em stop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I definitely will have to try that out! I've been living plantless for so long! I love the little buggers, but they destroy plant life. soaringeagle said:
herb stores would be better..or health food store that stocks bulk herbs too
grocery stores will probly only have lil spice container type things of thyme
theyre too small u can use all of it quickly
an herb store u can get a couple oz cheap

oh and

u can grow cat grass so the cats chew that and leave everything else alone
and i think if u dilute dr bronners alot and spray ity on the leaves the taste will make em stop
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
I completely disagree. I loved the way my locks looked at the beginning and i love them even more now also i take offensive to my locks being called pseudo locks. I think that is a load of horses crap. Just because mine where back combed doesn't mean their fake.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
no but at 1st theyt were jnhot locks only psudo locks...backvccombed hairto say they were locks at day 1 really is a problemthats why ppl freak oit when art day 2 theyre "dreaeds" are not behaving like dreaedsbackcombed psudo drewads take time to bgecome dreadstyhe whole dreaeds in a day idea hurts dreads as a whole..and calling them dreads when theyre only backcombed hair doesnt help anyone Kellye said:
I completely disagree. I loved the way my locks looked at the beginning and i love them even more now also i take offensive to my locks being called pseudo locks. I think that is a load of horses crap. Just because mine where back combed doesn't mean their fake.

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
can only point out from experience, that backcombed dreads are weak, and to made them stronger i thought i had to use my crochet needle lol, yes truly got very damaged dreads, love them stilas my hair was always weak, and yes with age they are only getting weaker, if you love your dreads you have to set them free, if you want to keep them on a long term, large smile forever
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Just go on amazon.com and buy organic herbs by the pound. Its sooo cheap that way.I get the "Frontier" brand soaringeagle said:
herb stores would be better..or health food store that stocks bulk herbs too
grocery stores will probly only have lil spice container type things of thyme
theyre too small u can use all of it quickly
an herb store u can get a couple oz cheap

oh and

u can grow cat grass so the cats chew that and leave everything else alone
and i think if u dilute dr bronners alot and spray ity on the leaves the taste will make em stop
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
No no no... I mean pseudo locks as in the way they look that very day when yo backcombobviously they are not really locks yet cause its only been like a minuteI dont think that backcombed dreads are pseudo locks once they actually truly knot up as yours seem to have done nicelyHope I cleared up any miscommunication Kellye said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea psudo locks is a good term i mean how many times have u seen "ive had my phat dreads for 14 minutes" backcombed hair shouldnt be called dreads at least for 2 months..in that time its a transition frk=om backcombed hair to dreadsjust like natural i wouldntr call dreads till the 1st dread formed

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i definitly know what you mean. My dreads (with the exception of about 3) all came unraveled and went into tiny semi dreads which are now congoing back together. Its really cool to watch and with the help of some sea salt and h20 is happening really quickly

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form