Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

nazarene locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i was looking around the net and found some people looking for info on how to grow nazarene locks.now i am no expert in this, but will attempt to explain it from what i understand.

first off there is no technique to explain when it comes to growing nazarene locks.nazarites are people with extremely strong religious beliefs, who are said to learn directly from god, not through a church or book but by living the purest lifestyle possible they attain a direct communication.\so whats that got to do with growing locks?a few things1st the nazarene vow commands they not cut or comb or alter theyre hair from the purest form of neglect locks, ofcourse cleanliness is godkiness so they are kept clean still but there is no alternation from the will of god as repressented in how the hair wishes to form locks. there is no seperating, no rolling, no effort put into makingthem look a certain way that is vanity.2nd there is no time for such trivial things as appearance, too much time is spent on the soul to worry about the hair.i'm not going to quote bible text here in support of the nazarene vow, if theres interest that info is easy to find or your welcome to post it in the religious significance section, this is strictly about the formation of nazarene locks.how they form are through prayer meditation loving service dedication to spirit and belief.there is no attempt to "make" locks, no expected timeline to have locks, in fact there is no intention for them to become what we know as dreads. if the hair just grows and becomes unkempt without ever dreading that is fine. there is no vanity stating that they must become a certain way.its about totaly letting go of all expectations and trusting in the highest of powers to take care of everything.if anyone wishes to reply with info on the nazarite vow itself please doi will say that according to some texts the nazarites are thought of to be those with the highest purpose who take theyre beliefs the most seriusly and are themselves the closest to the devine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:30:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
http://messianic.nazirene.org/nazir.htm this is an interesting readif i read it correctly the "jesus of nazereth" term thought to have reffered to a town nazereth of his birth has been proven to be wrong as there was no nazereth in his time therefore its more likely that jesus himself was a nazerite who grew his hair long in locks

--
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
thas awesome! so jesus essentially was a dreadhead lawl soaringeagle said:
http://messianic.nazirene.org/nazir.htm

this is an interesting read
if i read it correctly the "jesus of nazereth" term thought to have reffered to a town nazereth of his birth has been proven to be wrong as there was no nazereth in his time therefore its more likely that jesus himself was a nazerite who grew his hair long in locks
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
exactlyin fact i found that exact statement on yahoo except the chick that said yes jesus was a naserene then went on to argue that because cleanliness is next to godliness he would have been to clean to get dreads..but ofcourese since u should be clean to get dreads that argument was false..actualy the image of jesus wouldf be highly inacurate as he was around my age i think before he even started becomming noticed and by that time he would have had dreads longer then mine by far and a beard near his kneesofcourse much ofthe time that hair would have been covered much of thge time so perhaps theres very few mentions of his haor at all leading to the sorta nondescript semi longish hair we see on him todayofcourse theres also some evidence to suport jesus being dark skinned not light Nick G. said:
thas awesome! so jesus essentially was a dreadhead lawl

soaringeagle said:

if i read it correctly the "jesus of nazereth" term thought to have reffered to a town nazereth of his birth has been proven to be wrong as there was no nazereth in his time therefore its more likely that jesus himself was a nazerite who grew his hair long in locks

--
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
thats pretty awesome. im not much of a catholic anymore but its pretty cool to hear somethin about Jesus that actually makes sense. soaringeagle said:
exactly
in fact i found that exact statement on yahoo except the chick that said yes jesus was a naserene then went on to argue that because cleanliness is next to godliness he would have been to clean to get dreads..but ofcourese since u should be clean to get dreads that argument was false..

actualy the image of jesus wouldf be highly inacurate as he was around my age i think before he even started becomming noticed and by that time he would have had dreads longer then mine by far and a beard near his knees
ofcourse much ofthe time that hair would have been covered much of thge time so perhaps theres very few mentions of his haor at all leading to the sorta nondescript semi longish hair we see on him today
ofcourse theres also some evidence to suport jesus being dark skinned not light
Nick G. said:
thas awesome! so jesus essentially was a dreadhead lawl

soaringeagle said:

Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
that very interesting,I could only imagine what the majority of Christians would say to that fact, I already see some of them heat up to the mere suggestion that jesus was black instead of a fair skinned man with nice pretty hair.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
Jesus wasnt black and he wasnt white eitherHe was what we commonly knownow as Palestenian (sp) so he probably would of looked like an arabic doodWho Cares?He was a GREAT guy but i mean the color of his skin is simply trivial
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Matted Dew said:
Jesus wasnt black and he wasnt white either
He was what we commonly knownow as Palestenian (sp) so he probably would of looked like an arabic dood
Who Cares?
He was a GREAT guy but i mean the color of his skin is simply trivial
thats pretty much what I always figured, still doesn't mean people won't argue about it tho >.<</body>
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Thanks SE for posting this info...I'd love to research this further and find the supporting scriptures when I get more time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lanthe had posted all that but her sis deleted it she wanted to repost but hasnt had time

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form