Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Growth or lack therof

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
So i think most of us are aware of the fact that once dreading occurs, shrinking does as well.But have any of you fellas or even ladies with less then shoulder length hair when you started ever felt like your hair just stopped growing all together? Granted, my baby dreads standing up are as tall as my afro wasSeptember of last year, so i guess that is a good sign but damn. The suspense is killing a brutha wondering if his hair just stopped growing completely. I am trying to tell myself if i just go to sleep wake up and in about a year look in the mirror ill see a difference but i dunno lol.
updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:57:39PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
lol, I feel like mines shrank definately more than they've grown, they were at my shoulders when started, they are now at my chin and I know my hair has grown at least 2 inches due to roots growing out natural color... so i'ma say they've shrank about 6 inches total, including the 2 inches grown out and some even more than that some have shrank about a foot and are TINY now
Andelynn
@andelynn
13 years ago
50 posts

Yea, I'm in a similar boat - my dreads were started last October and my hair was kind of short - just past my chin - so I know what you are talking about! Somehow, my hair is still, just past my chin - and my hair grows fast! The locking has happened pretty quickly tho so I can't really complain, but I can't wait for them to be long enough to start doing stuff with them - at least be able to pull them back in some kind of hair tie! I just keep learning more and more about patience...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

year 2 will amaze you

nuff said

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form