Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best method for me?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
and yea i agree if u went negledct yod have dreads in under a month i bet easy as can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:06:03PM
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
All dreads will take about a year to fully lock up...it's hair type that determines how quickly they lock up. And I think having any sort of "halfrican" hair will make it quicker, kinda like Bob Marley!
James Matarrese
@james-matarrese
13 years ago
5 posts
One more question: If I do finger twists, how would I get them to stay twisted? Would it be a bad idea to perhaps tie each one off (in the section) with a wool thread of some kind? I do need to keep somewhat of a uniform appearance, and I'd like to keep them sort of...together? Sorry, I know I sound like one of those "instant dreads" people, but I have a lot of questions. Doing this without horrible brown goo in my hair is sort of a new thing for me.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
If you dont want to use Aloe Vera to help keep new twists formed, then i dont know what to tell you. On Dark black hair i dont know how noticeable thealoe is, if at all. Finger twists are..kinda unreliable in the sense that they often dont stay put, and doing them all over your head requires alot more work then just using the brush rub method. But if you are really worried about having a professional look about them, look up how to TnR and have a salon or a friend do them for you. Just a suggestion.
Robert D.
@robert-d
13 years ago
1 posts
I'm black but when I started my locs I kinda combined two methods cause my hair was really short only 1/4" to 1/2", what I did was use the brush rub method separate my hair. Then I finger twisted those sections, I didn't use any products on my hair but water. I think they came out nice and my girl friend loves them so I'm happy.I use a micro fiber cloth instead of a brush though but those brush/cloth rubbed sections hold together nicely, I can even sleep on them without them coming out. Lent does suck sometime though.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form