Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loctician dreads vs natural dreads: my journey and my (strong) opinions

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and dreadlockedlady ..many many many ppl hasve refused to goine the site..why? because we are too accepting of products and other methods

so altho i see what your saying the oposites also equaly true

we dont exclude anyone just encourage ppl to take the healthiest most natural approachj

ofcourse this includes compromises like backcomb tnr twists whatever when needed but keeping them to a minumum as much as possible

we are 1 of the few sites really stressing the importance of keeping dreads healthy instersd of selling things to poke holes in em or gunk em up

thats why were growing so fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 12:01:44PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

i would love to help people stay away from these problems. The unfortunate problem is... people will believe what techniques and products that the "professionals" in a salon sell them on. Many people do not research before they get dreads they just decide to do it and go to the nearest salon or loctician. Then when something happens ...they research and hopefully find the forum.

I was not trying to be negative. I think what you are saying is beautiful. I am not arguing the fact. There is nothing better than natural maintenance as in washing and separating as needed. and I agree the word needs to spread....but as long as salons and technicians continue with damaging methods for the money...the problem will continue.

Dread education is important. It is like sex education. Some people will believe anything that someone says....like putting cow dung in their hair will dread it and that a pepsi douche will keep you from getting pregnant.

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Education is key! You know, I bet those people could even make money telling the truth and giving good advice, that is something I find sad. they choose not to, I wonder if it so the people who's hair they mess up come back for more work so they make more money...ugh oh well, I am still glad there are many people out there whose intentions are to help not to hurt. :)

taye said:

i would love to help people stay away from these problems. The unfortunate problem is... people will believe what techniques and products that the "professionals" in a salon sell them on. Many people do not research before they get dreads they just decide to do it and go to the nearest salon or loctician. Then when something happens ...they research and hopefully find the forum.

I was not trying to be negative. I think what you are saying is beautiful. I am not arguing the fact. There is nothing better than natural maintenance as in washing and separating as needed. and I agree the word needs to spread....but as long as salons and technicians continue with damaging methods for the money...the problem will continue.

Dread education is important. It is like sex education. Some people will believe anything that someone says....like putting cow dung in their hair will dread it and that a pepsi douche will keep you from getting pregnant.

Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

ok got very bored of reading peoples negitivity!

I totally understand what you say i started out with shite dreads the first time i got them...in a salon and with wax and with no info or guidence what so ever, so to find this site isa god send now i have started my own dreads that i happily done myself with the twist n rip method ..ALL NATURAL and i am happy to say that! no not neglect i used a helping method!

From what i read you are not trying to speak for everyone just trying to pass on good vibes and good info this is the one site where i dont feel i have to be special or totally live by the Dreadlock way and all that shite...you can have them for fashion you can have them just cos you fliping feel like it who gives! each to their own i say so i am sorry i have stolen your rant to have a rant of my own!! Keep this post its help ful i dont know why people feel the real need to grumble and state the obvious and just be argumental!

Ha ha keep smiling and you know from reading this site deciding to do my own dreads i think i am way way happier with the outcome because they are random and they are something i worked hard doing and each dread is different. I have them to make me feel special and unique and happy! i never understood quite how dreads give you proper good vibes i mean in a just 'chill out' kinda way! i jut hope that vibe can pass through the people i know friend and family...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
mace thasts bullshit and u know it natural dreads have 3 catagories dont u get it freeform neglect and organic are catagories of natural dreads the defining factor in nbatural dreads being that they ocuur naturally without being forced the ammount of control in how they form seperating or nit determines the sub catagories of natural

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
theres no reason for arguments geez these terms have beenh around firever and are agreed on by most ppl why the need to chanfge em?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
just the other day on facebook a crochert locticianadded me ..these dreads ..didnt look like most crichetted dreads they look ed mangled! like a lawnmower was used they stuck straight out at reduculouse angles and looked chewed on.. i tried to suggest a gentler way like tnr i showed her pics of 1 day old tnr and wh then she posted it with good drewads bad dreads as the title 90% of comments agrred with me that they looked better 1/2 olf wich said natural was a better way to fo..so..she blocked me rather then even cionciser a less harmefull method

Crystal O. said:
Education is key! You know, I bet those people could even make money telling the truth and giving good advice, that is something I find sad. they choose not to, I wonder if it so the people who's hair they mess up come back for more work so they make more money...ugh oh well, I am still glad there are many people out there whose intentions are to help not to hurt. :)

taye said:

--
Angelmoth
@angelmoth
13 years ago
10 posts

mmmhhh im not sure i agree with you 100% there dreadlocklady.

in a way i hear your words, but my experience was different. even though i started my dreads with oune of the worst methods (crochet.. i was in thailand after all, it is mainstream there) i never felt like an outcast. in fact i got very good avdice on how to make my dreads healthy again (they're good now, but if i didnt find this website i probably would buy into that crochetmaintenance lie).

i think above all this is a place for passionate advice and strong opinions, but that is often the case with people that believe strongly in something.

we're all here for the love of dreads =)

everyone's experience and sensitivityare different i guess tho

much loveto you

Angelmoth
@angelmoth
13 years ago
10 posts

ahahahha mocktician..

classic

rawsum said:

heyya's .. as per usual I guess I am not like most people because I still don't agree with the now forever been around term of natural dreads .. but like most posts here , when I take the time to read along some positive opinions and thoughts eventually come forward ... for instance the term loctician might be better stated as mocktician? OK so maybe not all that positive but it would be cool to coin a phrase I bet :D
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
here we go again! The only negativity I see are from certain people who chose to use a starter method and want to hate on those of us that didn't for no apparent reason...Call your hair whatever the hell you want but don't expect some of us to agree just cause you call us elitists...geesh i thought we were over this...

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form