Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

has anyone had really good luck with the backcombing methodd

Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
has anyone had really good luck with the backcombing method does it work out well or do they come out alot
updated by @christian-peter-demaria: 02/14/15 05:45:40AM
Lacey Koll
@lacey-koll
14 years ago
14 posts
i backcombed the first time around and it wasnt too shabby. but the second set, i did twist and rip and then id backcomb the knots up real tight, and then id twist and rip again, and back comb again. my dreads were really tight even in the second month
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
yeah see i have twist n riped dreads but like ive had them 4 7 months and their not matts their like strands of hair almost like braided they never matted up . some of the back ones matted probally from sleeping on em but idk im a big marley fan and i love the random dreads all over and i kinda think neglect dreads are the way to go but idk if my hair would ever lock up like that

Lacey Koll said:
i backcombed the first time around and it wasnt too shabby. but the second set, i did twist and rip and then id backcomb the knots up real tight, and then id twist and rip again, and back comb again. my dreads were really tight even in the second month
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
I've only had mine for about two months and i used the back combing method. The only prob i have is all the loose hairs and some days they don't seem as tight as other days but they're all still in tact! i'm actually really happy about the way they look and haven't really had to do much besides keep my roots from congoing. Hope this helps...even just a little :)
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
yes it does tanku

jessica acosta said:
I've only had mine for about two months and i used the back combing method. The only prob i have is all the loose hairs and some days they don't seem as tight as other days but they're all still in tact! i'm actually really happy about the way they look and haven't really had to do much besides keep my roots from congoing. Hope this helps...even just a little :)
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I backcombed mine about 6 months ago...I love them! there are loose hairs and bumps and loops and stuff, but I love all of that! It's all apart of the journey. My understanding is that there will always be loose hair and the dreads change and progress all the time. It's just an adventure. The only thing I would do different if I did it over is I wouldn't have used wax...I only used it 3 or 4 times...but it was super yucky! so....backcomb..? Sure!!! Was...??? No thank you! :D
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
There are many mmbers who have successfully backcombed their hair. The knots might fall out and re-knot again that's part of the process. Just to clarify the most amount of times anyone should ever backcomb is once!

Jessika Rabbit said:
I backcombed my babies. I am at month 4 now, and don't really backcomb as much anymore. Mostly palm rolling! Just make sure not to use wax!
Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
I started mine that way about two months ago. It worked beautifully for my hair and they never came out at all. The first washing was a little unnerving, but ended up being just fine! I continued to backcomb a couple times a week for about a month (friends told me to), but have stopped doing that (it's a lot of hard work and totally unnecessary!) and have been leaving them alone (except for washing every other day and keeping them separated) and the progress has been phenomenal!!! They're looping like crazy and doing great!!! Hope that helps!!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
hey there, I started mine jan 2009 with this method,, biggest thing with any of the methods is to be patient, you can see how mine came along, I love mine now and they look awesome to me, but as with any method you will have rough frustrating phases. no matter the method once they mature they will look great, it's having the commitment to get there that's the hard part. good luck man
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
All hair locks up naturally :)

Christian Peter DeMaria said:
yeah see i have twist n riped dreads but like ive had them 4 7 months and their not matts their like strands of hair almost like braided they never matted up . some of the back ones matted probally from sleeping on em but idk im a big marley fan and i love the random dreads all over and i kinda think neglect dreads are the way to go but idk if my hair would ever lock up like that

Lacey Koll said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form