Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What method is this?

Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
holy shit...she's gorgeous :X i love her accent when she speaks english too.
updated by @ivan: 07/23/15 03:57:08PM
Galapril
@galapril
13 years ago
3 posts

I guys! I'm the girl in the video (Check out my blog galapril.com, if you want proof) ;)

I don't know if the method is called twist and rip - Mainly because you don't twist, more like braid randomly. The video in the first post was made when they were only 4 months - so that's why they look kind of silly. I also didn't use any products ever, And well, maybe they look a bit messier than if I had used wax, but wax is utterly disgusting and I like the messy look. You should take a look at my newest video:

Yes I wear rubberbands, but not because my locks are falling apart(since they aren't!). If you use this method, it is not strictly necessary to use rubberbands, but if you didn't tighten them enough, you might get something out of it. I use rubberbands near the scalp, to help them keep together and dread at the scalp, since I don't want to use the backcombing method. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or email me at galapril@gmail.com

updated by @galapril: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
The most amount of times any starter method should be used is once, just for the initial placement, otherwise you can really damage your hair and slow the dreading process waayy down, rubberbands also hinder the real dreading from taking place :o)
Galapril
@galapril
13 years ago
3 posts
I strongly disagree on that, since I've had my dreadlocks for almost two and a half year, and the rubber bands surely did them good. Maybe it is because my hair is very fine, light, thin and what is considered typical Scandinavian, but it works very good for me :) And well yes, no reason for doing it again. One time is enough?

NaturalWomyn said:
The most amount of times any starter method should be used is once, just for the initial placement, otherwise you can really damage your hair and slow the dreading process waayy down, rubberbands also hinder the real dreading from taking place :o)
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts
i've done a similar thing to help my roots dread but i use small o-rings rather than rubberbands that way they're not so restricted
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
ok we'll agree to disagree I guess :o) I have very similar hair to you and my dreads are only 11 months and they never required the use of rubberbands, I didn't use any starter method, I went natural/neglect, and they have stayed together quite well, went through their loopy stage at about 6 months and have matured from there. To each thier own...

Galapril said:
I strongly disagree on that, since I've had my dreadlocks for almost two and a half year, and the rubber bands surely did them good. Maybe it is because my hair is very fine, light, thin and what is considered typical Scandinavian, but it works very good for me :) And well yes, no reason for doing it again. One time is enough?

NaturalWomyn said:
Galapril
@galapril
13 years ago
3 posts

I don't think it is due to the rubberbands, dear.

I think there are a few different reasons:

1. My hair is thin, light, Scandinavian and very straight - It is not made for having dreadlocks in any way. When I had normal hair, I didn't need to brush it - it would keep , fine and undreaded itself, so straight and delicate it is.

2. I never used any products at all. I don't wash, I don't use crotchet needles. Of course no wax or other disgusting things. This is my second(or third) time using rubberbands, and I normally wear them for 2-4 weeks(So that is 9 weeks out of 130 weeks) - Meaning that I never do anything to keep them, and they totally take care of themselves.

3. I brushed up the tips. They used to be all dreaded, but I like them better loose. I also pick out some of the loose hair, since I like it, and think it suits be way better than those hard-ass thick waxy things, a lot of people carries around.

4. Many of them have been taken apart a few times, both to separate dreads I found to thick, but also to clean them and show people how to dread. Also if I'm bored.
So, being Caucasian, white-skinned, blondie-princesshaired, I think that they are doing pretty good. And I love them, and don't want them to look anything else than this.

Maxe said:

2 year old dreads looking like -1 year old dreads - kinda proves that rubberbands are crap ;)
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Stunning Scandinavian - the face of an angel huh

Brandon Arnold said:
:Oshe's so beautiful.
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

I think your hair looks amazing, well done ;O)

With or without bands..who cares? As long as you love it that's all that matters.

Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts
If someone was thinking about dreading their hair, It would be realistic to say that they would not just watch one video on how to go about it, unless they are completely brain dead?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form