Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Straight-haired TnR addict???

YunieTheOracle
@yunietheoracle
14 years ago
8 posts
I've been trying to dread naturally, but I find that, when I'm idle in a boring class, I start to twist and rip my loose strands without really thinking about it.My hair is really straight and not particularly keen on knotting up by itself, so I always think that I should help it along by just doing a little TnR here and there. But then my TnR eventually always falls out, and the cycle starts over.I've always been a pretty controlling person and very focused on blending in. I think neglect dreading would really be good for my personal growth, allowing me to show an individualistic expression, while allowing my hair, which I've always been very focused on, to do what it was meant to do.By this constant TnR, I'm not only wasting my time, but I'm breaking up valuable opportunity for my hair to knot itself, right?For some reason, I just have no faith in it.
updated by @yunietheoracle: 01/13/15 08:48:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wear a tam keep your hands out of your hairthe team will help em knot too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
ive had this same problem though most of mine have stayed in, the back seems to fall out alot and i find myself in idle time at work or class doin the same thing...ive came to the point to just let them be...w.e if people dont like it or shoot you funny looks...after a month of dreading i have started to get positive remarks (which are always nice) about my hair fitting my style and such. Like SE said just keep your hands out and wear a tam if you find yourself playin with em
YunieTheOracle
@yunietheoracle
14 years ago
8 posts
I went to the Culture Shop and bought a 100% wool tam! I'll be sure to use it.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Personally, I felt that t&r let me ease into the " I'll don't care what everyone else thinks" thing. It was definitely hard for me, as I've been pressured to 'fall into line' all of my life... and the t&r gave me a few months to slowly ease into that feeling as my hair eased into crazy dreaded life. Nothing wrong with laying down a little framework! ^-^In the end, just be you. If you want to t&r a bit, then go ahead. Just don't do it excessively as it'll completely fry your hair (just like backcombing over and over will). Do whatever makes you comfortable! This journey is all about you (and your growth) anyhow!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Also, tams did help A LOT for me as well. I only ever had two wool ones, and quickly started making as many acrylic ones as I wanted... mostly just for the amazing colors and ability to mix and match colors according to my outfit... and the fact that I could scoot to wal-mart whenever I wanted some yarn, instead of ordering it from someone and waiting for shipping. The upside to all that awesome ordered wool? One of my tams is completely one of a kind... there will never be one like it because the wool is all hand dyed!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form