Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I wanted to add to the "natural" discussion :(

Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Since when are opinions b.s.? It's like i said in my original post... somebody's definition of nature is subjective.Just another example of what I believe has made this place a less friendly interweb destination... When I first found this place 8 or so months ago, it was much more friendly and inviting. I feel like anyone will get their head bitten off for mentioning their opinion around here. There are ways of disagreeing respectfully. (and generally when you do disagree, it's smart to say why...instead of leaving it as "your opinion is bs").And thank you, knottysleeves, you were one of the individuals I had in mind who has made my experience here more pleasant. Your advice was never condescending and I appreciate and love the awesome dread sleeves I bought from you.And for the record, I do agree that "natural" dreads are better, so I am not one of these people you speak of who is bringing up this topic from a point of jealously.Whatever though, like I said, it is stupid to argue. I don't care what anyone one else does to their own hair... I do care, however, when my opinions are belittled with no additional explanation.
updated by @bird: 07/22/15 06:47:11AM
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well if i really need to explain this, i will, i figured it was simple enough just in logic terms.... here is what you said " I am of the opinion that anything human made is 'natural' because humans themselves are a naturally occurring phenomenon of this planet." .......almost everything human made is unnatural, for example man made dread wax, so cause man made it its natural, lol, no way......Read more: I wanted to add to the "natural" discussion :( - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/i-wanted-to-add-to-the-natural?x=1&id=3754945%3ATopic%3A250245&page=2#comments#ixzz1337w7g3I the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution

Bird said:
Since when are opinions b.s.? It's like i said in my original post... somebody's definition of nature is subjective.

Just another example of what I believe has made this place a less friendly interweb destination... When I first found this place 8 or so months ago, it was much more friendly and inviting. I feel like anyone will get their head bitten off for mentioning their opinion around here. There are ways of disagreeing respectfully. (and generally when you do disagree, it's smart to say why...instead of leaving it as "your opinion is bs").
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
and while where at it, lets define the word naturalnaturaladjective1.existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial): a natural bridge.2.based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process.3.of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.4.of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.5.in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.6.growing spontaneously, without being planted or tended by human hand, as vegetation.7.having undergone little or no processing and containing no chemical additives: natural food; natural ingredients. Compare organic.so to me if we take what the word means and then apply that to dreads, then once again, unless they were formed on their own, they are unnatural,
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
no but read what they say, it all can be applied to dreads, are u serious, things that happen on their own, without help from man,

rawsum said:
ummmm..none of this pretains to dreads :D

neil coe said:
and while where at it, lets define the word natural

natural
adjective
existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial): a natural bridge.
based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process.
of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.
of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.
in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.
growing spontaneously, without being planted or tended by human hand, as vegetation.
having undergone little or no processing and containing no chemical additives: natural food; natural ingredients. Compare organic.

so to me if we take what the word means and then apply that to dreads, then once again, unless they were formed on their own, they are unnatural,
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
I had this discussion with myself a while ago. Not pertaining specifically to dreads lol...BUT. If a bird makes a nest, it's natural, right? How about venom in snakes? Natural, correct? Even though it has weird chemical compounds, it's still natural.If humans are naturally occurring on this planet, wouldn't things we create be "natural" even though we use different chemicals to create it? Like plastic bags, or dread wax or anything actually...just food for thought I guess.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
wow what harsh words, and to make fun of a person for being crippled just shows what kinda person you are, not a very good one if ya ask me

brian wilson said:
i agree with bird. you guys are all fuck faces especially you SE you crippled retarded bitch. lol
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
ok rawsum1 existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial)it dont say formed with a comb, formed by nature, and thats what natural dreads do, they just knot on there own, in time, backcombed, t&r, crotchet, all use something to form knots,
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Makes sense Neil.Raw is in a pissy, he's just looking to push buttons, I think the wax has infiltrated his brain.

neil coe said:
ok rawsum
1 existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial)

it dont say formed with a comb, formed by nature, and thats what natural dreads do, they just knot on there own, in time, backcombed, t&r, crotchet, all use something to form knots,
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
thanks Mama, i thought it made perfect sense lol

Island Mamma said:
Makes sense Neil.

Raw is in a pissy, he's just looking to push buttons, I think the wax has infiltrated his brain.

neil coe said:
ok rawsum
1 existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial)

it dont say formed with a comb, formed by nature, and thats what natural dreads do, they just knot on there own, in time, backcombed, t&r, crotchet, all use something to form knots,
charles hubert
@charles-hubert
14 years ago
19 posts
poeple are chill on this forum and all the argue about it make u learn wich is a good thing watever the method u will use on this forum u will know what u should know and not be lied to do it , wich is the whole point of this forum i think and then again natural is a big word if u look at scientist that are trying to figure out our dna after 30years years and finaly give up cause it make no sence 70% from earth 30% unknown are we even natural. we destroy everything even ourselves. those days even tho u want to be in peace with nature ur not really living with it ur killing it even if it make no sence to most poeple i hope some will get it .its not rly a dread opinion but a point of view we cant hate poeple for doing harmful thing to something but if theres a way to avoid it we should take it

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form