Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So, what's the best way to dread?

JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
I'm going natural, but what's the best way to dread? I mean, I think it's by going natural, but what do you think is the best way?
updated by @jennaeatsravioli: 01/13/15 08:48:14PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
If you don't care about your dreadlocks being a particular width or having a particular number of dreadlock: Patience/Natural

If you want your dreadlocks to be a particular width or you want a particular number: 1. Patience/Natural 2. Twist-Rip

If you want your dreadlocks to look more like mature dreadlocks from the beginning and know what to expect: Twist-Rip
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree it is but best way depends on what you neednatural is best way to0 dread if theres nothing else to conciderbecause they look best they are healthiest and its the best experiencebut if you have social anxiety fear jedgment feel the need to look professional etc then twists or twist and rip is best for youif you want aspecific look perhaps backcombes a good way for youso although 1 is best over all some are best for the individualalotta ppl who choose the one best for them though get all worked up cause they didnt choose the one thats best overallin the end it doesnt matter if you chose the one thats best as long as u avoid the ones that are worse ..or if u do at least you recover from them as best as u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
GoldenEagle: Well I want them to go natural, but I don't want any skinny dreads, ya know?SoaringEagle: I don't care about what people think or anything, hell i dont give a shit, but I'm just worried that they might not go right.
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
I like that answer :)
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
before i got my dreads i thought a lot about what the "best" way to do them was or how they were going to look depending upon which method i used, but really in the end it doesn't matter. regardless of which method you choose your dreads are not going to end up looking like you hoped or imagined. they are going to do surprise you and do something better. i think regardless of the method i started with, i probably would have been equally impressed and happy with the journey.
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
Wow, that made my day and cured my worriness. You're right :)
z
@z
14 years ago
7 posts
I would suggest you look at some pictures of tnr, backcomb and separation method dreads to See which style you like best. Also how much time you have and if theres anyone who can help you if you decide to tnr or backcomb. separation method is easier because all you have to Do is wash and separate them, with tnr and backcomb it is going to take hours and would Be better if you had someone to help you with it, but not necessary. In the end they all will take about the same time to turn into real dreads. Keep in mind that all methods except the neglect method, involve some ripping and breakage of the hair. Its all part of the natural dreadlock journey :)
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
Mhmm..I'm gonna keep going wiht natural. Then I watch my babies go through a process :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form